The Student Room Group

Fat loss

I'm 18 years of age, female, 5'3, and 146 lbs 67kg, I would like to get my weight down to about 125/120lbs and maintain it from there, to be done in the space of 30/60 days. Using a method of carb cycling which has helped me so far to get down to 146lbs. Is this doable?
Iv never heard anyone call it fat loss before 🤔
Reply 2
Original post by HateSchx
Iv never heard anyone call it fat loss before 🤔

I dont understand what you mean?
Original post by Sarah487
I'm 18 years of age, female, 5'3, and 146 lbs 67kg, I would like to get my weight down to about 125/120lbs and maintain it from there, to be done in the space of 30/60 days. Using a method of carb cycling which has helped me so far to get down to 146lbs. Is this doable?

Anything is doable. You just got to have the drive and willpower to do it. I would also recommend doing some exercise as well to help lose weight.
Go on holiday to the mountains for two weeks, with too little money for food.
Walk 8-12 hours a day through those mountains. Fat loss guaranteed.
Reply 5
Do you think I will lose weight even after dieting for over 3 months?
Original post by PTMalewski
Go on holiday to the mountains for two weeks, with too little money for food.
Walk 8-12 hours a day through those mountains. Fat loss guaranteed.
All I know, is that each time on such holidays, I was losing over 20 pounds.
But I wasn't coming back the previous weight before full year passed, because I didn't have problems with increased hunger and I was very physically active at the time, whole year either I was riding a bike 2-3 hours a day, at fast pace, or swimming for an hour 1-2 times a week or both.

Dieting slows down methabolism it doesn't necessarily help, unless someone generally eats too much and wrong things.
If you diet is otherwise fine, you need physical activity to effectively lose fat.
Not an easy thing. To burn fat from stomach entirely, it took me almost a year of extensive training, and I had already been in good shape and excercising regularly before.
Also mind that training might not necessarily decrease your weight. Muscles are heavier than fat, so if you eat enough proteins and do excercises.

I don't recommend starting off running, walking fast for a longer period of time is better for starters. To me its more fun and easier to motivate to, when I'm going somewhere in the mountains and I'm curious what is after this hill, that hill, that mountain etc.
Running needs slow and gradual preparation and learning to control your pulse. Otherwise you might damage your joints, sometimes permanently, the spine, or heart if your pulse goes too high.
(edited 4 years ago)
The first step to losing fat/weight or getting involved in fitness in general is to remove the terms ‘diet’ and ‘exercise’ from your dictionary and replace them with ‘nutrition’ and ‘training’.

Quick Reply

Latest