The Student Room Group

Admison in Access to HE

Hi I want to study Access to He diploma from uk but I'm an international student and all of my qualifications are equilence to GCSE (except english language) but sixth form colleges requite GCSE in English And Math.
So for English i study an IELTS exam and achieved 6.0 with listening speaking 6.0 and 5.5 in other two.
I just want to know is that ok for ms this score even i confirm from University of Manchester that they should accept my exciting qualification alongsight with access to he diplima
But will sixth form college accept this score as compare to GCSE English?
Original post by Afnan Akhtar
Hi I want to study Access to He diploma from uk but I'm an international student and all of my qualifications are equilence to GCSE (except english language) but sixth form colleges requite GCSE in English And Math.
So for English i study an IELTS exam and achieved 6.0 with listening speaking 6.0 and 5.5 in other two.
I just want to know is that ok for ms this score even i confirm from University of Manchester that they should accept my exciting qualification alongsight with access to he diplima
But will sixth form college accept this score as compare to GCSE English?

IELTS is not a GCSE.
It is up to the college if they want to accept it or not, hence you will need to ask them.
How old are you btw and are you expecting to pay for the access course?
I'm 19 year old. And all universities accept IELTS so i think colleges also accept this. However i attend an interview with college and they told me that many universities accept IELTS its mean they also accept?
Original post by 999tigger
IELTS is not a GCSE.
It is up to the college if they want to accept it or not, hence you will need to ask them.
How old are you btw and are you expecting to pay for the access course?
I'm 19 year old. And all universities accept IELTS so i think colleges also accept this. However i attend an interview with college and they told me that many universities accept IELTS its mean they also accept?

It is up to the college. College is not university. have a look at the colleges website or call them.
I was just pointing out you will need to pay for your access course,
I'm from Italy but my qualification are outside from europe.Am i eleigible for advance funding because I'm part of EEA.
It is up to the college. College is not university. have a look at the colleges website or call them.
I was just pointing out you will need to pay for your access course,
I'm from Italy but my qualification are outside from europe.Am i eleigible for advance funding because I'm part of EEA.

It depends where you were resident for the last 3 years. In the EU you should be ok, if you were living elsewhere then less likely.
This is the final year EU students will be eligible.
https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
If a college invite you for interview and after that they said you got a place its mean Is everything ok now? There is nothing to worry about now. I show my qualification with my IELTS. But now they told me to get 7 band overall
It depends where you were resident for the last 3 years. In the EU you should be ok, if you were living elsewhere then less likely.
This is the final year EU students will be eligible.
https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
If a college invite you for interview and after that they said you got a place its mean Is everything ok now? There is nothing to worry about now. I show my qualification with my IELTS. But now they told me to get 7 band overall

Free education stops at 18 I believe so if you are 19 you have to get funding and be eligible for it or pay yourself.
As far as the place goes then that should be fine. I think to be asked for 7.0 for an FE college is high lots of unis ask for lower than that.
(edited 4 years ago)
I dont know what i have to do now because there is no time for IELTS. And dont yiu think so 7.0 is so much for Access course?
I just email their tuotor and they said it shoul be fine. Bit when i call to their course inquiries thay told me for 7.0 i dont know who is right. I just stuck here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending