The Student Room Group

Career choices

Hi should I stick with wanting to do nursing or should I do a career like a secretary and does it pay well?
Reply 1
What do you want to do?
Well, it's not about the salary at the end of the day. It's about what YOU like and what YOU enjoy doing and wouldn't mind doing for the rest of your life until retirement. If you choose to do something that you don't entirely enjoy but it pays well, it'll take it's toll on your mental well-being eventually. Waking up everyday to do something you aren't passionate about isn't a good position to put yourself in.

My advice would be to explore both professions including doing your research on them and what the professions involve doing on a day to day basis. Try to get some experience in them both too if possible. That way, you might be able to get your head around what you want to do. Hope I could help :smile:
Original post by glamourprincess
Hi should I stick with wanting to do nursing or should I do a career like a secretary and does it pay well?
Hi thanks for your advice
Original post by lostbanana
Well, it's not about the salary at the end of the day. It's about what YOU like and what YOU enjoy doing and wouldn't mind doing for the rest of your life until retirement. If you choose to do something that you don't entirely enjoy but it pays well, it'll take it's toll on your mental well-being eventually. Waking up everyday to do something you aren't passionate about isn't a good position to put yourself in.

My advice would be to explore both professions including doing your research on them and what the professions involve doing on a day to day basis. Try to get some experience in them both too if possible. That way, you might be able to get your head around what you want to do. Hope I could help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending