The Student Room Group

Access Course and A level self study

Hello,

I am about to start on an access course in september and at the same time I have been self studying for a maths A level at home for the last year, planning on taking the exams this academic year. I wanted the a level as it would make me more attractive to unis along with the access to science course.

Anyway, when I went for the interview at my college they said they wouldnt allow me to sit the a level exams in their college as a private student would. I have been thinking and, if there is a clash in exam times with my access course then I am pretty screwed and I am hesitant to pay for the exams at a private centre only to find out I will not be able to sit them.

Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by pontifexmaximus
Hello,

I am about to start on an access course in september and at the same time I have been self studying for a maths A level at home for the last year, planning on taking the exams this academic year. I wanted the a level as it would make me more attractive to unis along with the access to science course.

Anyway, when I went for the interview at my college they said they wouldnt allow me to sit the a level exams in their college as a private student would. I have been thinking and, if there is a clash in exam times with my access course then I am pretty screwed and I am hesitant to pay for the exams at a private centre only to find out I will not be able to sit them.

Does anyone have any advice?

Find out when the exam dates are from the exam board or just googling.
You will have to find a private exam centre.
Your access course should take precedence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending