The Student Room Group

getting in uni even if you don’t meet the conditions?

Ive applied for nursing in university of Portsmouth this year in September. I did an access to he course and needed 106 tariff points including 15 merits, I currently have 18 distinctions, 15 merits and 12 passes which totals to 102 tariff points. Do you think it is more likely or less likely that they will accept me either way?
Original post by crankitupaye
Ive applied for nursing in university of Portsmouth this year in September. I did an access to he course and needed 106 tariff points including 15 merits, I currently have 18 distinctions, 15 merits and 12 passes which totals to 102 tariff points. Do you think it is more likely or less likely that they will accept me either way?

Did they specify how many distinctions they wanted?

It really depends on the uni as they will see how many people meet and then accept their places first. Any spare capacity they will normally share amongst the near misses on a case by case basis. As your offer is low I dont expect the uni is as competitive as some, so that along with the fact you were very close, then I would be hopeful they would find a space for you. Good luck. Even the uni wont know until results come out. If they have capacity now they could take you but they might also say wait till the A levels are out. let us know whether you got in or not.

Its also unusual to see such a spread of scores, so think about the areas you really struggled on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending