The Student Room Group

Essay structure help - A level - history - NEA - Tudor rebellions

As part of a history NEA i am writing a 3500-4500 word essay answering the question "To what extent was religion the main cause of rebellion in the Tudor period 1485-1603" and i am struggling to structure my essay.
i am arguing that religion was to a little extent the main reason for Tudor rebellions and that is was socioeconomic factors that was the main cause, often with religion as a secondary factor. i have three primary sources and two (opposing) historical interpretations. could someone suggest a structure that i could use.
thank you
Usually I would suggest structuring it like so:

1)Intro
2)Argument for your point
3)Argument Against your point
4)Conclusion arguing your point

But with a larger word limit, you can afford to go through each source in detail and explore what the primary source shows you whilst expanding on this with secondary source material. In the conclusion you can then bring it all together and strongly argue your point.

I hope this helps!
Reply 2
What historians and sources are you using
hi, did you end up finish writing your nea on the tudor rebellions?
Reply 4
Original post by username4880110
As part of a history NEA i am writing a 3500-4500 word essay answering the question "To what extent was religion the main cause of rebellion in the Tudor period 1485-1603" and i am struggling to structure my essay.
i am arguing that religion was to a little extent the main reason for Tudor rebellions and that is was socioeconomic factors that was the main cause, often with religion as a secondary factor. i have three primary sources and two (opposing) historical interpretations. could someone suggest a structure that i could use.
thank you

I'd love to know what materials you used to complete this NEA as I am doing that exact question. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest