The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Our defence is ****.

Dunne was *****, Richards was *****, Garrido was *****, only Onuoha should be an automatic choice next season, let Richards sit on the bench until he ups his game.
I would have had Ball in that team before Garrido personally.
Christien
I would have had Ball in that team before Garrido personally.

They got absolutely nothing down their right (Where Garrido and Onouha were playing.) Every goals came from the right hand side (Dunne and Richards). Garrido has been awful before but yesterday he was solid and put in a lot of effort and you can't fault him, he cost £1.5 million and as far as I can see hes been a bargain.
Reply 1983
Nah Ball is ****, Garrido is actually better. He's good going forward, has good control of the ball and knows how to put in a cross but why bother when theres no one to pass to?

Garrido is a good sub to have on the left but seriously, Dunne and Richards need either a: shipped off, or b: a long time on the bench. Richards has been one of the worst performers this season, he's at RB now where he wants to be and he's put in a good few performances, looked like he was getting to grips with the role again not having played it for two odd years properly, and then he puts in an awful performance twice in one week. Can't pass, can't cross, gets forward then is too slow to get back to his position where Dunne or Onuoha have to sweep it up for him, or Zabaleta has to run back and sweep it up.
I would feel more defensively secure without a holding midfielder and Zab at right back than Richards at right back with a holding midfielder.
Is Richards really that bad at RB?

Spoiler

Reply 1986
Klinsmannic
Is Richards really that bad at RB?

Spoiler

Zab > Charlie!

And yeah he is, but Zabaleta is as good at DM as he is at RB and we need him in DM since either Kompany or de Jong has been injured, or one the other at any given time apart from at Anfield.
Reply 1987
anyone here going to the match on thursday?

steward on bluemoon has said the club are giving out an inflatable banana to everyone, haha. wonder if they're blue?
To be honest ypo shouldnt have given richards a pay rise, now all he cares about is the bling and fast cars.
Jim-ie
anyone here going to the match on thursday?

steward on bluemoon has said the club are giving out an inflatable banana to everyone, haha. wonder if they're blue?

I'm going :woo:

Hope I get a banana, I am in the family stand though so it will be little kids having banana fights all ******* game...
Jim-ie
I'd love to win the league cup too, didnt say I'd turn it down, did it? doesn't mean its held in very high regard. Spurs win it and suddenly their going places if you were to believe you.

another straw man argument eh.

When did I say or even hint spurs were going places after the cc win. I didnt its a shame you need to continue with this bollox.

Anyway nice to see £3m a goal striker busting a gut for the cause. I can honestly say he doesnt want to be at city.

His performances tell yoe everything tbh. Goal distribution is revealing as well.

12 before 2009 and 0 IN 2009 :yep:
Reply 1991
14 modric

When did I say or even hint spurs were going places after the cc win. I didnt its a shame you need to continue with this bollox.

Anyway nice to see £3m a goal striker busting a gut for the cause. I can honestly say he doesnt want to be at city.

His performances tell yoe everything tbh. Goal distribution is revealing as well.

I take it you're a personal friend of his then, he's told you himself has he?

Spurs going places, comes across in your general wummy attitude.
14 modric

How about Jermain Defoe, £18 million for NO goals. A lot better than £2.7 million a goal right. It would cost £270 million for 100 goals from Robinho and you couldn't buy a goal with Defoe.
Reply 1993
Aye true enough, half the price, not even half the quality imo, and I like Defoe
Reply 1994

guess who owns the car
If only we had Liverpool's belief, I am starting to really like Liverpool. Xabi Alonso is amazing, best play maker in the world.
Jeppaloth
If only we had Liverpool's belief, I am starting to really like Liverpool. Xabi Alonso is amazing, best play maker in the world.

That'd be why he's behind Xavi in the Spanish pecking order then :wink:
Jim-ie

guess who owns the car

I <3 Ireland.
mermania
That'd be why he's behind Xavi in the Spanish pecking order then :wink:

Meh, not watching Xavi :biggrin:
Jeppaloth
How about Jermain Defoe, £18 million for NO goals. A lot better than £2.7 million a goal right. It would cost £270 million for 100 goals from Robinho and you couldn't buy a goal with Defoe.

how about being more truthful with the cost.:yep:

We bought him for £7m sold him for £9m and bought him again for £15m so he cost the club £13m in transfer fees. I can see maths aint your strong point.

Where did the £18m come from:confused:

oh and he got 3 goals in 5 games and then got injured and before that he's scored a lot despite being behind keane (cost £0) and berbatov (who we sold for a £20m profit).

Latest