The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

paying anything for the little prick is paying too much.
I'm hearing good stuff about Kaka on Sky Sports News now! They just said City officials are in Milan talking to them and are talking to Papa Kaka at the moment.
i really don't know if i like this. i'd rather we bought players we weren't forcing out of their preferred clubs.
Berlusconi's apparently announced that Kaka's staying with Milan.

Unsurprising.
Reply 1384
I had suspected as much that it would turn out this way. I'm indifferent by now to be honest - there's a lot of world class players out there we can potentially sign by the end of the window that won't focus the wrong kind of attention from the rest of the footballing world on us with all the pressure that inevitably comes with that, and I always had a feeling that Kaka's heart wouldn't fully be in it, and no matter how good the player is that can never be a good thing.
Football wins.
Must have heard about Bellamy tbh.
Ronaldo VII
Football wins.

:yep:
Reply 1388
both sides now claiming they were the ones who pulled out

kind of like in the playground again - ''no, I dumped her!''
Why the holy **** would he want to go to Citeh? :biggrin:

Srrly, cmon on ffs.

If he wanted to come to England for footballing reasons, he'd go to either Arsenal or United - teams that play the most attractive football in the league where he'd fit in beautifully.
I believe Kaka. Why the hell would City back out? It's much more likely Kaka didn't want Man City, not Man City not wanting Kaka.
Klinsmannic
Must have heard about Bellamy tbh.

Apparently Bellamy needs a golfing partner and Kaka wasn't too keen. Hence the collapse in negotiations.
Man City have crumbled to ******* dust. Bellamy for 20m, no Kaka.

It's over. Sorry guise:awesome:
Reply 1393
Christien
Berlusconi's apparently announced that Kaka's staying with Milan.

Unsurprising.

Milan PR machine is in overdrive. Won't believe **** all until our club confirms it, dont know if they have yet.
Reply 1394
RobbieC

Hahahaha 'over'. If I was into the same petty point-scoring off other clubs as you are, I could point out that we clearly have the resources to pursue players at a higher level than you for years to come.

also you're £6m off with the transfer fee for Bellamy.

what was your objection to the transfer anyway? It obviously can't be anything to do with 'damaging football' because as a supporter of a club that thinks nothing of putting forward not just a foreign XI but an all foreign squad for a game, you have no right to comment on that of course?...

do you pursue this kind of pointless, petty point-scoring with all clubs or should we assume there is just something about City that has you worried? Or perhaps being an Arsenal fan in an embarassingly underwhelming period for them is just a bit boring?...
Jim-ie
Milan PR machine is in overdrive. Won't believe **** all until our club confirms it, dont know if they have yet.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6625476
Reply 1396
Jim-ie

been confirmed on OS mate but we are claiming it was us who pulled the plug..
Reply 1397
RobbieC

Are you on the same world as us? £20m? Where did you read that. Its £14m.

What exactly is over?
Don't da fora-nerz play fuwt bawl then?! Zonoez!!! :redface:mg:

City and Liverpool are the comedy explosions of the moment, and I am sinking my teeth into the delicious crumble.

Try some:biggrin:

The audacity of going for Kaka was disgraceful. If he's going to come to Manchester, he could at least go to the footballing half... and this coming from an Arsenal fan.
Reply 1399
Haha fair enough, its on the site now just opened the link, so its over.

Not that bothered, at least we can start to pull in proper signings like de Jong? Please Hughes? Dreaming of Kaka was nice for a week, lets get on with it!

Cant wait for the Newcastle game.

Latest