The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow, that was fun. Served loads of people on the front counter and did an hour of window 1. Good job I was being supervised though, whenever someone mentioned chicken or some sort of sandwich I got completely lost and couldn't remember which buttons it was.

I like people who order a happy meal or big mac meal. :biggrin:

And I don't have a name badge yet, my shirt looks lonely.
adam_1234
Wow, that was fun. Served loads of people on the front counter and did an hour of window 1. Good job I was being supervised though, whenever someone mentioned chicken or some sort of sandwich I got completely lost and couldn't remember which buttons it was.

I like people who order a happy meal or big mac meal. :biggrin:

And I don't have a name badge yet, my shirt looks lonely.

Oh i got my name badge in the first 10 minutes :p: I hated and still hate when people order a deli as it confused me soooo much every time... happy meals was the easiest :p: It was a bit stupid though as they stuck me on evening shifts and then all of a sudden morning which is a completely different menu!
Jessikar
Oh i got my name badge in the first 10 minutes :p: I hated and still hate when people order a deli as it confused me soooo much every time... happy meals was the easiest :p: It was a bit stupid though as they stuck me on evening shifts and then all of a sudden morning which is a completely different menu!

I finally get the deli stuff. White or brown, cheese or no cheese. People keep pointing to the big boards above my head too as though I'll automatically recognise that on the till. Haha, I'm doing 11-3 again tomorrow then one evening shift and a daytime one next week. Hopefully I wont get mornings, breakfast menu is a whole different thing.
adam_1234
I finally get the deli stuff. White or brown, cheese or no cheese. People keep pointing to the big boards above my head too as though I'll automatically recognise that on the till. Haha, I'm doing 11-3 again tomorrow then one evening shift and a daytime one next week. Hopefully I wont get mornings, breakfast menu is a whole different thing.

Yeah its like S+E = sausage and egg mcmuffin and B+E = bacon and egg and then you have to give out syrup for pancakes and philidelphia for bagels and argh i still haven't got it totally right... and then people don't like eggs or the sausage part and it just takes longer :rolleyes:

The most annoying person ive met was this woman with 4 children who were all vegetarian and so they wanted say a 1/4 cheese but no meat and its like 'well why bother in the first place' and then they all want chips but no salt that that is a whole new nightmare...
Jessikar
Yeah its like S+E = sausage and egg mcmuffin and B+E = bacon and egg and then you have to give out syrup for pancakes and philidelphia for bagels and argh i still haven't got it totally right... and then people don't like eggs or the sausage part and it just takes longer :rolleyes:

The most annoying person ive met was this woman with 4 children who were all vegetarian and so they wanted say a 1/4 cheese but no meat and its like 'well why bother in the first place' and then they all want chips but no salt that that is a whole new nightmare...

Wow, no one's been that fussy for me yet. :p:

As we're a franchise we charge for sauce, it's the silliest idea ever. Different meals mean different sauces too which just confuses me. The only thing I'm good at is giving people change, and the drinks machines.
adam_1234
Wow, no one's been that fussy for me yet. :p:

As we're a franchise we charge for sauce, it's the silliest idea ever. Different meals mean different sauces too which just confuses me. The only thing I'm good at is giving people change, and the drinks machines.

Lmao the other day this guy cleaned the floor well good and then i was doin the sauce for the mcflurrys and the strawberry one exploded everywhere :p: Also the milkshake machine has a habit of exploding as well...
Reply 366
Why are McDonald employees so incompetent? I went in today after the gym and asked for a PLAIN double cheeseburger... and what do I get? A burger with loads of **** on. sighhh
Reply 367
AshJames
Why are McDonald employees so incompetent? I went in today after the gym and asked for a PLAIN double cheeseburger... and what do I get? A burger with loads of **** on. sighhh

Then you should have asked them to do it again. We're not incompetent at all.
Reply 368
Mrs_Sylar
:woo: you're offically a haemorrhoid! (the sad thing is you're probably gonna look that up in a dictionary)

how is that a reason why i'm "always" rejected - cos i write "omfg"? ok then :yep:
and you know my dispute wasn't with God it was with McDonalds so you started an argument over nothing - and anyone who sees that post will know that so take your head out of your .... and get a life
and we both live in london i dont mind meeting to see how you will act when you're not behind a computer screen
stop putting on a bravado and being a knob because mcdonalds may be the only place you work otherwise

case closed (anything you write in response will be ignored - i'm too mature for this)

"mcdonalds may be the only place you work otherwise" it's not, it's only temporary. well you know what...
at least i HAVE a job! you can't even get a SIMPLE job and you act as though you something. you say you are mature. oh, swearing in every sentence is soooooo grown up lol
think about it. look at your use of language, the swearing. carrying your weight around. you wonder why people won't employ you......
"you're offically a haemorrhoid! (the sad thing is you're probably gonna look that up in a dictionary"
oooh, and i wonder how you found the word, judging from your use of language.:no:
and i never said your dispute was with God! But you know your language was inappropriate. and even if you want to fight me where would you find me? on yell?
and i don't care who sees the post. if i don't like the sound of something, i will say so

p.s. look at that, i didn't even SWEAR! and if i want to say something i will, you don't intimidate me. ya heard?:yep:
Mrs_Sylar
:woo: you're offically a haemorrhoid! (the sad thing is you're probably gonna look that up in a dictionary)

how is that a reason why i'm "always" rejected - cos i write "omfg"? ok then :yep:
and you know my dispute wasn't with God it was with McDonalds so you started an argument over nothing - and anyone who sees that post will know that so take your head out of your .... and get a life
and we both live in london i dont mind meeting to see how you will act when you're not behind a computer screen
stop putting on a bravado and being a knob because mcdonalds may be the only place you work otherwise

case closed (anything you write in response will be ignored - i'm too mature for this)

I think the reason that you get rejected is that either you think you are too good for MaccyD or have an attitude problem...
Reply 370
Heya, firstly great board been following this thread for a while so I've registered :smile:

I have a interview on Monday 28th July for a Part Time Crew Member maybe doing a couple of closes a week, I have worked for McDonald's in the past as a staff trainer but at a different store to the one I have applied for.

Only problem is that I have a pre booked holiday which runs from the 1st-18th August. I'm worried this will put them off offering me the job, how should I tell them? :frown:

Thanks!
NathP
Heya, firstly great board been following this thread for a while so I've registered :smile:

I have a interview on Monday 28th July for a Part Time Crew Member maybe doing a couple of closes a week, I have worked for McDonald's in the past as a staff trainer but at a different store to the one I have applied for.

Only problem is that I have a pre booked holiday which runs from the 1st-18th August. I'm worried this will put them off offering me the job, how should I tell them? :frown:

Thanks!

Lol you are entitled to 4 weeks 4 days holiday per year... i personally said i couldn't work as i was goin on holiday for a few days when the offered me the shifts that they did and they didn't seem to mind :smile:
Reply 372
Jessikar
I think the reason that you get rejected is that either you think you are too good for MaccyD or have an attitude problem...

YOU SEE?
MRS. SYLAR

THANKS, JESSIKAR:yep:
Reply 373
Jessikar
Lol you are entitled to 4 weeks 4 days holiday per year... i personally said i couldn't work as i was goin on holiday for a few days when the offered me the shifts that they did and they didn't seem to mind :smile:

So unless they ask at my interview, don't tell them I got holiday until i get the job? :p:
NathP
So unless they ask at my interview, don't tell them I got holiday until i get the job? :p:

Well i was able to work for 2 days before my holiday but they said not to bother as they needed to train me properly and i would probably forget things whilst i was away. I suppose it wouldn't be a problem though... just say you can't start until the 20th or something.
Reply 375
NathP

to be honest i don't think you should tell you your on holiday because they would want you to start immediately. if you are away for so long they would give the job to someone else. sorry:no:
unless you could start after the holiday:p:
Reply 376
Jessikar
Well i was able to work for 2 days before my holiday but they said not to bother as they needed to train me properly and i would probably forget things whilst i was away. I suppose it wouldn't be a problem though... just say you can't start until the 20th or something.

Ok thanks, I wont need much training as I've worked for the company for 4.5 years in the past so hopefully that will make up for having the holiday :wink:
Jessikar

huh?
ive got an interview though :confused:
Reply 378
I applied for 3 positions, rejected at all 3.

What could I be doing wrong?
Reply 379
Oi oi peple I got a job from monday in mcdonalds the interview was sound n I’ve got the uniform and that!
I read all dese posts 19 pages lol y are you girls arguing over MCDONALDS lol and why are you arguing about god – how dus mcdonalds bcom a holy fackin war lol. IMO christianity and all dat is a load of shyte to me mateyz yh so can someone tell me what I shud expect and all that im working at the drive thru I think – come and visit me at Bolton lol
steve

Latest

Trending

Trending