The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NickyP
It's called "Mac.fm" (lol) and all stores have the same. :smile:

Hey. Your a shift manager yeah? Can you tell me the people who are allowed to give staff shifts. I know there are managers who wear white... are they allowed or is it only the proper manager lol :p:
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
See at your stores, do people sit in the crew room and play Guitar Hero? I swear I'm gonna be a pro soon!! :yep:

I think the coke glasses are really cool, I'm scared I've missed my chance to get the pink and grey ones though. :no:

No... all we have is a tele and it has rubbish reception! and a stereo but it never has any CDs lol... sucks so thats why most people go outside and chill :cool:
Reply 582
Jessikar
Hey. Your a shift manager yeah? Can you tell me the people who are allowed to give staff shifts. I know there are managers who wear white... are they allowed or is it only the proper manager lol :p:

The person who does your schedule (normally 1st/2nd assistant) can give you more shifts if you ask them, or your store manager. Shift managers can usually ask you to work extra on their shift, or if not you can tell them you're willing to work extra and they will ring you up to work if somebody phones in sick or they need someone extra. :smile:
NickyP
The person who does your schedule (normally 1st/2nd assistant) can give you more shifts if you ask them, or your store manager. Shift managers can usually ask you to work extra on their shift, or if not you can tell them you're willing to work extra and they will ring you up to work if somebody phones in sick or they need someone extra. :smile:

Lol yeah i mean apart from the person who does the shifts. Just because i wasn't given any shifts for this week as the usual person didn't do the schedule and noone knows why but instead it was the manager manager who never comes in... i think i've seen her once in 2 months and shes hard to contact! But i wanted to ask a manager (not shift managers) if i could have shifts for this week but i'm not sure if they are able to do it.
Reply 584
Jessikar
Lol yeah i mean apart from the person who does the shifts. Just because i wasn't given any shifts for this week as the usual person didn't do the schedule and noone knows why but instead it was the manager manager who never comes in... i think i've seen her once in 2 months and shes hard to contact! But i wanted to ask a manager (not shift managers) if i could have shifts for this week but i'm not sure if they are able to do it.

Other than the assistants and the store manager nobody eles can give you shifts, unless, as I say, a shift manager lets you work on your shift. The only other managers there might be in your store are floor managers, but there is not much they can do.
NickyP
Other than the assistants and the store manager nobody eles can give you shifts, unless, as I say, a shift manager lets you work on your shift. The only other managers there might be in your store are floor managers, but there is not much they can do.

Well in mine they're are people who wear blue shirts and as far as i'm aware they are shift managers or floor managers and then above them are people who wear white shirts and are the only people who answer the phone lol... as far as i'm aware. I think they are assistant managers though as there is only about 3 of them. One is a troll :biggrin: I hope he is though, there is no way i'm going another week without a shift.

It's so unfair though... i asked for 4 shifts totalling 32 hours and i got one measley 5 hour shift and i've kept asking for more but alas, i have been ignored again. I'm sure most people wouldn't put up with the same treatment! I've had 3 shifts in a month...
Reply 586
Jessikar
Well in mine they're are people who wear blue shirts and as far as i'm aware they are shift managers or floor managers and then above them are people who wear white shirts and are the only people who answer the phone lol... as far as i'm aware. I think they are assistant managers though as there is only about 3 of them. One is a troll :biggrin: I hope he is though, there is no way i'm going another week without a shift.

It's so unfair though... i asked for 4 shifts totalling 32 hours and i got one measley 5 hour shift and i've kept asking for more but alas, i have been ignored again. I'm sure most people wouldn't put up with the same treatment! I've had 3 shifts in a month...

That's rubbish, you should nag one of the assistants if your boss is away.

And you will have the store manager, usually one or two assistants, shift managers and then floor managers. The company thought that there were too many unneccessary managers, so they don't make new floor managers any more, but the ones who were already floor managers stay the same. And it doesn't really matter what colour shirt they wear, managers can generally choose which shirts they want. :smile:
NickyP
That's rubbish, you should nag one of the assistants if your boss is away.

And you will have the store manager, usually one or two assistants, shift managers and then floor managers. The company thought that there were too many unneccessary managers, so they don't make new floor managers any more, but the ones who were already floor managers stay the same. And it doesn't really matter what colour shirt they wear, managers can generally choose which shirts they want. :smile:

I know i have asked twice in a week and nothing has happened :frown:
NickyP
It's called "Mac.fm" (lol) and all stores have the same. :smile:

do you know where I can find the tracklist?
Reply 589
When's the next pay day? I start this sunday only working weekends so when will I recieve some £££.
Reply 590
Marchessa
When's the next pay day? I start this sunday only working weekends so when will I recieve some £££.

Well we got paid yesterday. However if you only started on Sunday you wont get paid for 2 weeks as the cut off time for pay is Saturday at midnight.

On a completely different note i just passed my Shift Managers course in London in the past few days.
matt bass
Well we got paid yesterday. However if you only started on Sunday you wont get paid for 2 weeks as the cut off time for pay is Saturday at midnight.

On a completely different note i just passed my Shift Managers course in London in the past few days.

Payday at the store i work at is every 4weeks.
Some of the franchised stores get paid the week after (or before.. depends which way you look at it) the company ones. It's still fortnightly, but the Thursdays that the company people don't. E.g, I got paid last week, and I will next week.
I went to my orientation about a week ago and they still havn't called to tell me my shifts. Why might this be? And should I give them a ring?
NicolePickle
I went to my orientation about a week ago and they still havn't called to tell me my shifts. Why might this be? And should I give them a ring?

I would give them a ring.
Reply 595
Well, I'm joining the McDonald's club. I didn't really think I had any chance of being offered a job at the interview today, since I'm going to uni in about a month, but so long as I come back and work in the holidays, it all seems to be fine!
CaptainDale
I would give them a ring.

I rang them and they said they actually were trying to get in contact with me but couldnt get through. My first shift is for the coming saturday, 12-6pm :eek:

This is my first ever job so I'm super nervous!! :p:
NicolePickle
I rang them and they said they actually were trying to get in contact with me but couldnt get through. My first shift is for the coming saturday, 12-6pm :eek:

You'll be fine, they won't expect you to do everything in your first shift and you will have someone to supervise you most, if not all of the time. Don't worry if you are slow at first or it takes a while for things to sink in, I've been working there full time for about 3 months and I'm still learning new things.
NicolePickle

My first shift is Thursday 10am-3pm.
Quite excited.
I'm not sure what to do when I get there. Do I tell someone that I've arrived for my first shift or do I just walk through the staff only door like I see everyone else do?

Latest

Trending

Trending