The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmm seems like the scheduling manager has a problem with scheduling themself time to do the schedule!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST25i
Reply 7461
as far as I'm aware our store doesn't actually have a scheduling manager though I could be wrong. The Manager just lesser than the business manager does it for our store (is it 1st assistant they're called?). I'm thankfully leaving in September (if I get into uni.. if not I would definitely transfer!).

Finished the Olympics today - Very sad to be going, such an amazing experience and I learnt so much! :smile: Really don't want to go back to my normal store...

On another note, I ate at one of the other McD's in Watford today and I'm feeling a wee bit annoyed tbh at the food. I ate the chicken (which I promised myself I wouldn't do but thought because its a different store it might be ok). Well I was wrong there, I had a chicken and bacon deli plain (Deli of the Day) and split it half and half with my sister. It was very overcooked, so I complained to the manager and they made me a new one. Me and my sister both took one bite into the second one before simultaneously spitting it out, the chicken was stone cold. Not even bothering to ask for a new one, we stormed out very angrily to say the least :angry:
I am put off McD's chicken for life now.
Original post by Jessca
as far as I'm aware our store doesn't actually have a scheduling manager though I could be wrong. The Manager just lesser than the business manager does it for our store (is it 1st assistant they're called?). I'm thankfully leaving in September (if I get into uni.. if not I would definitely transfer!).

Finished the Olympics today - Very sad to be going, such an amazing experience and I learnt so much! :smile: Really don't want to go back to my normal store...

On another note, I ate at one of the other McD's in Watford today and I'm feeling a wee bit annoyed tbh at the food. I ate the chicken (which I promised myself I wouldn't do but thought because its a different store it might be ok). Well I was wrong there, I had a chicken and bacon deli plain (Deli of the Day) and split it half and half with my sister. It was very overcooked, so I complained to the manager and they made me a new one. Me and my sister both took one bite into the second one before simultaneously spitting it out, the chicken was stone cold. Not even bothering to ask for a new one, we stormed out very angrily to say the least :angry:

Was it mine? Hopefully not mine. My one is the one up the high street. It's called the Rigby House one. Up the end by Sainsburys, almost opposite Subway and Presence.

Which one in Watford are you at? There's about 4 McDonalds in the area at least. Sorry if you told me weeks ago and I forgot.

Not all McD chicken is bad! I live on nuggets and McChicken Sandwiches during my breaks. I don't like beef...
Reply 7463
Original post by lightburns
Was it mine? Hopefully not mine. My one is the one up the high street. It's called the Rigby House one. Up the end by Sainsburys, almost opposite Subway and Presence.

Which one in Watford are you at? There's about 4 McDonalds in the area at least. Sorry if you told me weeks ago and I forgot.

Not all McD chicken is bad! I live on nuggets and McChicken Sandwiches during my breaks. I don't like beef...

I went to the one with the big bee statue outside! I usually always go to your one, there's a guy there called Jammin or something in your store who gave me a free McFlurry once :biggrin: Actually I went there today to buy a coke glass as the other one didn't have any left. I love the coke glasses.

I work at the one near Watford Junction station and between the big ASDA. Its near to a Pizza Hut but not the Garston one people always confuse it with!
I love chicken nuggets so much, I famously dip them in ice-cream, but after my past experiences I'm unsure if I can trust the chicken again. :frown:
Original post by Jessca
I went to the one with the big bee statue outside! I usually always go to your one, there's a guy there called Jammin or something in your store who gave me a free McFlurry once :biggrin: Actually I went there today to buy a coke glass as the other one didn't have any left. I love the coke glasses.

I work at the one near Watford Junction station and between the big ASDA. Its near to a Pizza Hut but not the Garston one people always confuse it with!
I love chicken nuggets so much, I famously dip them in ice-cream, but after my past experiences I'm unsure if I can trust the chicken again. :frown:

Have you had other issues with chicken before? What were they?

There's a McDonalds near were I used to live on St Albans Road or nearby there. I guess that's the one you're talking about? Otherwise I have no idea.

I go to the Wasp one on my way back from work quite often. I prefer to dart out of work quickly rather than buy something on my way out! But if you usually come to mine, then maybe I have served you before...

I didn't realise the Olympics ended today. Sucks. I was meaning to get more glasses.
Reply 7465
Have you had other issues with chicken before? What were they?

There's a McDonalds near were I used to live on St Albans Road or nearby there. I guess that's the one you're talking about? Otherwise I have no idea.

I go to the Wasp one on my way back from work quite often. I prefer to dart out of work quickly rather than buy something on my way out! But if you usually come to mine, then maybe I have served you before...

I didn't realise the Olympics ended today. Sucks. I was meaning to get more glasses.

My own store has given me food poisoning from chicken numerous times now - around this time last month I ate some really bad chicken nuggets and was throwing up for around 6 days straight afterwards, it was really disgusting. Yeah I work in that store, I'm basically drive-thru girl there haha :smile:

The one you work in is near my house which is why I usually go there, only went to the wasp one because I was in River Island, regretting it so badly now after that experience :frown: - If you're working ask for some of the coke glasses, they surely have some left in the stock room? Last year my work gave me 7 of them free of charge!
Original post by Jessca
My own store has given me food poisoning from chicken numerous times now - around this time last month I ate some really bad chicken nuggets and was throwing up for around 6 days straight afterwards, it was really disgusting. Yeah I work in that store, I'm basically drive-thru girl there haha :smile:

The one you work in is near my house which is why I usually go there, only went to the wasp one because I was in River Island, regretting it so badly now after that experience :frown: - If you're working ask for some of the coke glasses, they surely have some left in the stock room? Last year my work gave me 7 of them free of charge!

Jesus, you're making me scared of McD chicken now!

I'm not working again til Wednesday, so I'm guessing they'll be out of them by then if they had any left at all. :frown:
Reply 7467
Jesus, you're making me scared of McD chicken now!

I'm not working again til Wednesday, so I'm guessing they'll be out of them by then if they had any left at all. :frown:

Don't worry about it! Its probably down to poor training, I know this is the case in my store. In all honesty the staff at my McD are horrendous, they use the wrong tongs for everything, don't follow the correct cooking procedures - Most of them are freshies tbh.

They had plenty of the white ones today, I begged them for any other colours but that was all they had :'(
Original post by Jessca
Don't worry about it! Its probably down to poor training, I know this is the case in my store. In all honesty the staff at my McD are horrendous, they use the wrong tongs for everything, don't follow the correct cooking procedures - Most of them are freshies tbh.

They had plenty of the white ones today, I begged them for any other colours but that was all they had :'(

Really annoying, I was working today, so if I realised in time I could have got some!

I do not remember anyone.. One customer asked to buy a coke glass and I showed the guy where it was on the till before wandering off to do my own order. Maybe that was you. I don't remember. I was there 11am - 4pm.
Reply 7469
Original post by tm00131
I've heard this before, and is policy in our store.

I don't think anyone could argue Sunday is sufficient time to plan your week.

I've definitely seen it in writing, and I'm thinking it must have been on my e-modules for my SMDP cause I can't find it anywhere in the employee handbook (other than what's been quoted).

Original post by Jessca

Your first assistant will be your scheduling manager then. I'd complain to your BM about it, because waiting until Sunday isn't acceptable, and is certainly not sufficient time to plan your week!
We've got so many Coke glasses left our store is giving us a set each - as long as we pass GAPBuster. Not that it hasn't been a success - I think we just over-ordered.
How much per hour should you be on as a crew member part time at 18? if your on a night shift contract
Original post by sucess
how do you get a job at mcdonalds i have applied almost a million times and i still get the same bloody regret email

Keep on applying until you get that email welcoming you to an interview
Reply 7473
Original post by Ronda
I've definitely seen it in writing, and I'm thinking it must have been on my e-modules for my SMDP cause I can't find it anywhere in the employee handbook (other than what's been quoted).

Also, one of the ROIP targets for the manager who has CAMS is the schedule to be up by Thursday 5pm in my store. (An easy target seen as it already happens but hey).

Original post by Havocsman
How much per hour should you be on as a crew member part time at 18? if your on a night shift contract

Premium pay is 50p extra per hour between 12am-6am. So without any payrises it'll be about £5.50ph as at 18 your standard pay is usually £5ph.
Can someone tell me what the procedure for resignation is. I've been working as a crew member full-time for 5 weeks. With that in mind I have another job now which is full-time. So do I contact the floor manager/manager in to tell them I want to resign?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7475
Original post by Sandy Sparkles
Can someone tell me what the procedure for resignation is. I've been working as a crew member full-time for 5 weeks. With that in mind I have another job now which is full-time. So do I contact the floor manager/manager in to tell them I want to resign?

Write a letter of resignation and give it to the Business Manager or a shift manager to pass on. You'll need to hand in your uniform as well.
Original post by tm00131
Write a letter of resignation and give it to the Business Manager or a shift manager to pass on. You'll need to hand in your uniform as well.

Ok. thanks.
Is this a good letter of resignation? to I need to add anything?

[Address]
[Date]

Dear [Shift Manager],

I am writing to inform you that I will be leaving my job as a Crew Member at McDonalds, [Town name] due to me getting another full-time job.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity of working at McDonalds and giving me the experience while I was there.

Yours sincerely,
[My name]
Reply 7478
Original post by Sandy Sparkles
Is this a good letter of resignation? to I need to add anything?

[Address]
[Date]

Dear [Shift Manager],

I am writing to inform you that I will be leaving my job as a Crew Member at McDonalds, [Town name] due to me getting another full-time job.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity of working at McDonalds and giving me the experience while I was there.

Yours sincerely,
[My name]

id say that is fine, i also worked at mcdonalds from march 2010 - july 2011 and my letter of resignation was very similar to yours and i had no issues :smile:
Original post by CrypticG
id say that is fine, i also worked at mcdonalds from march 2010 - july 2011 and my letter of resignation was very similar to yours and i had no issues :smile:

Thanks.

To tell you the truth I'm leaving because the working environment is stressful and I have one bitchy floor manager. I've only been there 5 weeks and wanted to see if I can cope but I really can't take it any more. I don't think this is my type of job. The best part of me working there was when I had to told the McDonalds sign outside for 2 hours lol. Glad I found another job. I wouldn't recommend working at Mcds to anyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending