The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
yeah but is it like a list and is it written in initials or pictures or fully?? i was just wondering if its tricky or just a simple list of food
Reply 781
ugeno
yeah but is it like a list and is it written in initials or pictures or fully?? i was just wondering if its tricky or just a simple list of food

you being serious :shifty: they wont leave you deserted on tills :s-smilie: you wont even be on them on your OJE! and if you are then you'll have somebody who helps you ALOT :biggrin:
D a v e
you being serious :shifty: they wont leave you deserted on tills :s-smilie: you wont even be on them on your OJE! and if you are then you'll have somebody who helps you ALOT :biggrin:

I second this. I didn't have an OJE but on my first day I just sort of shadowed my trainer and mostly just got the drinks for the orders. Today was my 6th day working and I now have my own till and do the orders by myself. It's really easy to get the hang of it.
Reply 783
HELP!

i passed my OJE thing 2 weeks ago.

I received a text message on the 12th of September telling me to go to my welcome meeting on the 9th September!! - this was 3 days BEFORE i received my text message! Im dont understand this!

Also, on the same day, they asked for my bank details on the mcdonalds website, which I gave them. How much longer should the process take?

thanks!
tes100
HELP!

i passed my OJE thing 2 weeks ago.

I received a text message on the 12th of September telling me to go to my welcome meeting on the 9th September!! - this was 3 days BEFORE i received my text message! Im dont understand this!

Also, on the same day, they asked for my bank details on the mcdonalds website, which I gave them. How much longer should the process take?

thanks!

It wouldnt hurt to give them a ring. I reckon you'd get more accurate information from them than on here :rolleyes:
is it me or do the people on the grills/lobby seem to get less hassle from the managers than the people on the tills?

i love my job but working on the tills is such a pressure especially when it comes to cashing up x| (last week i was £10 down and then the next day £2 up). if it wasnt for the fact that the lobby people dont get to have a laugh with the crew since theyre always alone, id want to do that :P
Reply 786
NicolePickle
is it me or do the people on the grills/lobby seem to get less hassle from the managers than the people on the tills?

i love my job but working on the tills is such a pressure especially when it comes to cashing up x| (last week i was £10 down and then the next day £2 up). if it wasnt for the fact that the lobby people dont get to have a laugh like the crew since theyre always alone, id want to do that :P

Ive never been confronted about my till tbh, I no for a fact I was once down about 20p, because of a mistake id made. They don't tend to check ours until after we have gone anyway!

I quite enjoy lobby to be honest, I wouldnt want to do it all shift, however I enjoy doing it for a few hours.

Either way, your always going to get hastle from the managers if your on till, because they are around you the most.
Jinxey
Ive never been confronted about my till tbh, I no for a fact I was once down about 20p, because of a mistake id made. They don't tend to check ours until after we have gone anyway!

I quite enjoy lobby to be honest, I wouldnt want to do it all shift, however I enjoy doing it for a few hours.

Either way, your always going to get hastle from the managers if your on till, because they are around you the most.

Why are they giving you hassle? You're the one doing the work they hate or don't want to do. What kind of things do they say to you?
Reply 788
NicolePickle

i love my job but working on the tills is such a pressure especially when it comes to cashing up x| (last week i was £10 down and then the next day £2 up). if it wasnt for the fact that the lobby people dont get to have a laugh with the crew since theyre always alone, id want to do that :P

Ha... the people on grills get a fair bit of hassle too! I'm so used to hearing "Why is there no food in the bins!? Why don't you have any Macs in the toaster?!". Generally there's no buns in the toaster, because I'm busy cleaning the grills because the Teflon's rubbish, and the burgers are all sticking to it and falling apart in a horrible fasion...
Reply 789
hey, i'm back with another (possibly stupid) question! ;p
so umm, can anybody tell me how holiday pay is calculated?
Pay day :p:
Reply 791
Pay Day. :smile:
I'm slightly confused about how the pay works. I only work weekends and I don't think they included the weekend just gone in the pay, is this normal and will i just recieve it next pay day? I've only been working there for 3 weeks.
The pay period normally stops the Saturday before you get paid, so you shouldn't get paid for the Sunday but for the Saturday you probably should've been. It'll probably be in your next pay slip - if not just have a word with your manager.
Reply 794
NicolePickle
I'm slightly confused about how the pay works. I only work weekends and I don't think they included the weekend just gone in the pay, is this normal and will i just recieve it next pay day? I've only been working there for 3 weeks.

The pay period ends on the Saturday before pay day, so you will have been paid for the Saturday just gone but not Sunday. You won't get your pay for Sunday until the next pay day, which is the 2nd of October. :smile:
Reply 795
I must add if you are thinking of working at McDonalds, it will teach you alot about teamwork. We get raped on Sunday mornings, queue out of the door and drive thru gets hammered too. There was 2 tills on, I was on an open and didn't get a break till 1pm but it was really busy and we worked as a team. No one shouted at each other, the kitchen was making sure we got everything and I don't know I just liked the co-operative friendly attitude in our work place. Didn't stop the Great British Public being miserable though.
Reply 796
rt
I must add if you are thinking of working at McDonalds, it will teach you alot about teamwork. We get raped on Sunday mornings, queue out of the door and drive thru gets hammered too. There was 2 tills on, I was on an open and didn't get a break till 1pm but it was really busy and we worked as a team. No one shouted at each other, the kitchen was making sure we got everything and I don't know I just liked the co-operative friendly attitude in our work place. Didn't stop the Great British Public being miserable though.

This about sums up work for me :smile:
Our restaurant's getting refurbished over the next month. Only the drive thru open for 3 weeks - should be a laugh. :eek:
I got the job!
And I didn't have to do my OJE at all, manager didn't see the point (lol) so I just got right into it, started work yesterday at 7pm and finished at 10. I only work 3 days yay!!
lol

~ Melly
xxxx
Reply 799
im scared to use a till
i bet ill be rubish with it

Latest

Trending

Trending