The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Just applied for two more jobs, got rejected the last time I applied :o:
SianStrikedown
I'm contrcated to work 20 hours and now because i went on study leave this week i have like 36 hours to work, I'm Like wth Im part-time

Same. I'm usually on 18-20 a week and I've got 41 this week.
Don't mind it though, just thinking about payday. :cool:
It took them 10 weeks and 3 days to get in touch with me :s-smilie: but hey, I've got my interview tomorrow :biggrin:
Josh Snoddy
It took them 10 weeks and 3 days to get in touch with me :s-smilie: but hey, I've got my interview tomorrow :biggrin:

That's good means theres still hope for me :smile: At least I haven't been rejected I guess...

Good luck at your interview let us know how it goes :hugs:
Hi all.
I was just wondering, does anyone here work at mcdonalds?
xx
Rattlebag
Hi all.
I was just wondering, does anyone here work at mcdonalds?
xx

yes, i do. 7 months and still there :smile:
Reply 1386
Unfortunately.. yes... been there a year now.
Reply 1387
Worked there for 2 and a half years from 16 to 18. I actually enjoyed it! Minus the *rsehole customers, it was a really fun job.

Plus, if we were getting any sh*t from the local chavs, etc. we had the power to throw them out the restaurant or ban them :smile:

The hours were so flexible it was great - I've never had and never will have another job that was so easy to get the hours you want and change if you can't do it.
Reply 1388
I did 6 years there, 4 as a floor manager. Going back for 8 weeks in the summer.
Sociallyanxious

...Good luck at your interview let us know how it goes :hugs:

I think it went well (: he was very friendly and chatty, the staff seemed friendly enough aswell, they're all older than me though, thats to be expected, I'm 16.. He's going to let me know if I've got the job in 5-7 days, theres 8 positions available so I definately think I have a good chance :smile:
Josh Snoddy
I think it went well (: he was very friendly and chatty, the staff seemed friendly enough aswell, they're all older than me though, thats to be expected, I'm 16.. He's going to let me know if I've got the job in 5-7 days, theres 8 positions available so I definitely think I have a good chance :smile:

That's great:yep: Eh, you worried about being the youngest...when do you turn 17 then?
Sociallyanxious
That's great:yep: Eh, you worried about being the youngest...when do you turn 17 then?

January, they won't be able to employ me until the 1st of July cause of the law with completing GCSE's before full time employment or something similar :o: I don't mind though, as long as I get the job :smile:
Do you have to put in your previous employer's name cos i forgot lol, was 3 years ago and nearly about to leave college now :frown:
Josh Snoddy
January, they won't be able to employ me until the 1st of July cause of the law with completing GCSE's before full time employment or something similar :o: I don't mind though, as long as I get the job :smile:

ah ok at least you know you have a job. What you want to do after GCSEs?
DarkTitan
Do you have to put in your previous employer's name cos i forgot lol, was 3 years ago and nearly about to leave college now :frown:

That's what I was told when I talked to them but if you call the mcdonalds that you're applying to then they could probably give you a more accurate answer. :hugs: Good luck
Sociallyanxious
ah ok at least you know you have a job. What you want to do after GCSEs?

4 AS levels
3 A levels
Medicine at uni
Yourself?
Josh Snoddy
4 AS levels
3 A levels
Medicine at uni
Yourself?

ah medicine that's cool but competitive :smile: I used to want to be a pediatrician (sp) a few years ago but then I became interested in psychology.

I'm taking te IB diploma and hope to become a clinical psychologist later on :yep:
Reply 1397
Just applied well for two vacancies on the 23rd may, and 2 on the 28th of may, surely I should get one? ... Just wondered though how long they take to get back to you? The issue being I am on holiday till the 27th of June I do hope they don't contact me between 9th-27th June!
2.5 years.. still there! :frown:

Creepy, you must be crazy, urgh!!
In my 5th year, first as a shift runner. Have no intention to leave any time soon owing to an amazing level of job security.

Latest

Trending

Trending