The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Beckiee17
I didnt get mine- the person meant to be interviewing me stillhadnt turned up after waiting half an hour
To go back tomorow

We aren't doing well are we? :p:
Mine went okay but when she was interviewing me i saw she had about 6 other application forms!! Did either of you apply for Chingford by any chance??
I have had a McJob for just over a year now.... and its the best job i have had. Within that year i have only been working weekedns and holidays as i am still at college and i have taken alot of holidays and time off.
Just after christmas i was asked if i wanted to become a customer care assistant by my business manager... of coarse i jumped at the job, and am now been payed more and doing less which is a winner.
Now i have been talking to my BM and she has told me that in my own time i should train to become a shift manager. This is amazing 1 years service, part time and im becoming a shift manager!! I have now just got to sit my BSM exam and then attend a 3 day course.

Working for McDonalds is amazing, the training is 1st class. The pay is ok, the people you work with are great. The discounts on everything are out of this world (17% off all apple products, 22%ish off all O2 contracts etc etc)

Get a job with McDonalds and i promise you will love it!!!:biggrin:
Reply 1583
Got my interview tomorrow, and I have to say that was quick. Less than 24 hours after submitting the application I got an invitation to interview!

What can I expect in the interview and the OJE? I booked it for 11-1130 as I thought it would be relatively empty then... yes?
Reply 1584
miml
Got my interview tomorrow, and I have to say that was quick. Less than 24 hours after submitting the application I got an invitation to interview!

What can I expect in the interview and the OJE? I booked it for 11-1130 as I thought it would be relatively empty then... yes?

I didn't get an oje, and the interview was like any other..scary!
miml

I didnt get an OJE, just the interview, was ok really, nothing too bad, the guy that interviewed me was nice. I was really nervous about the OJE as my interview was at 1, didnt fancy doing that at lunchtime so i'm glad i didnt have to!

Just off to my welcome meeting now :biggrin:
No idea what to expect for that! ah well i'll know in an hour!!
Reply 1586
I just got rejected.
Lol
samfree91
I have had a McJob for just over a year now.... and its the best job i have had. Within that year i have only been working weekedns and holidays as i am still at college and i have taken alot of holidays and time off.
Just after christmas i was asked if i wanted to become a customer care assistant by my business manager... of coarse i jumped at the job, and am now been payed more and doing less which is a winner.
Now i have been talking to my BM and she has told me that in my own time i should train to become a shift manager. This is amazing 1 years service, part time and im becoming a shift manager!! I have now just got to sit my BSM exam and then attend a 3 day course.

Working for McDonalds is amazing, the training is 1st class. The pay is ok, the people you work with are great. The discounts on everything are out of this world (17% off all apple products, 22%ish off all O2 contracts etc etc)

Get a job with McDonalds and i promise you will love it!!!:biggrin:

That's so cool, my managers are nowhere as nice as that. :frown: Do you have to learn how to do everything before getting promoted? like all sections of the kitchen and lobby?
DarkWarrior
That's so cool, my managers are nowhere as nice as that. :frown: Do you have to learn how to do everything before getting promoted? like all sections of the kitchen and lobby?

I think you need all your stars, so I THINK that means that you need to be able to work all areas! Does that make sense?
Reply 1589
DarkWarrior

There should be a progression chart to SM in your crew room, but basically it's crew member > training squad > floor manager > shift manager > second assistant > first assistant > business manager
I never got it :P
me neither!! Waste of time!
Reply 1592
I never got the job either hhahaaa
Reply 1593
I just got the job :smile: Less than a week!

However, I have a trial shift at a restaurant which is higher pay and more convenient in terms of parking. Should I take the McD's job or wait? I'd much prefer to work at the restaurant but McD's seem quite desperate and are offering me 32 hours @ 4.80. I'll probably get 20 [email protected] + tips at restaurant. Confused.
linkdapink
I think you need all your stars, so I THINK that means that you need to be able to work all areas! Does that make sense?

markh
There should be a progression chart to SM in your crew room, but basically it's crew member > training squad > floor manager > shift manager > second assistant > first assistant > business manager

Thanks for the replies, I don't think I have much chance of getting the stars, I'm only going to be working there like once a week
Reply 1595
DarkWarrior
I'm only going to be working there like once a week

Even part time, your store should get you to fully trained in 12 months
markh
Even part time, your store should get you to fully trained in 12 months

IN THEORY! haha

my old store was notorious for not completing SOCs.

The new one aint much better either. Their idea of training you comprises of 1 shift on each station then 1,000 in the place you were most useful :rolleyes: Then a half hearted guess at what you might know, get a signature and bam, your trained!

You might even get one of the 'fun' stores where your fighting for >20 hours a week because they have too many experienced crew members. Or even the notorious 'family run' store which has a mean age of 17 for staff trainers and managers because the parents of these young kids (who are strangely enough managers at the store!) give preference towards their clueless sons and daughters - EVEN when they break regulations!

And the sad thing is i'm not ranting purely on my behalf. I hold a lot of respect for SOME managers and crew members because they work their ass off but rarely get rewarded...
samfree91
and am now been payed more and doing less which is a winner.

This is what is wrong with McDonalds...

Note that sam here is 17...

You have people who work their ass off for the company and do the **** jobs just so that a 17 year old part time employee can get paid more (either relative or definitive dependent on how much more money you get compared to a 21 year old full time employee on £4.80) AND do less work!

You sir are extremely lucky. With regards to your attitude, i know managers who do MORE work than me - and thats saying something!!

Being paid more and doing less.... sums up McDonalds pretty well i think :rolleyes: Poor old sam reinforces my belief that McDonalds is quite simply a children's playground. 17 and a manager.... have they even hit puberty?!

Well i'll be kind and actually give you a good piece of advice sam...... Don't quit college for this job, this isn't a career just a staging job.
if successful, would you require assistance in order to perform your job?

what the **** does this mean, honestly. do they mean disabled people or what :confused:
they mean disabled people. You get a lot employed at McDonalds

Latest

Trending

Trending