The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
matt bass
Why not talk to them first and tell them that this wasn't part of your availability.

Thank you, yes I will :smile: Sorry about my rant earlier...just one of those moments when I said something which after more in depth thought I didn't really mean:rolleyes: Got a bit stressed out by how much sixth form work I have and then them putting me on for so many hours. Guess I need to find the balance and make sure they're clear on when I can and can't work. First job ever so I have a long way to go and a lot to learn about these things :o:
Reply 1781
Andrii
Yea i just went on it when i got back from work now :smile:
I didn't quit loll and don't think I will quite yet. Apologise about my rant earlier!
The people are really nice and really helpful but I suppose I got a bit stressed out earlier (quite a fair amount of work from sixth form over half term as well)...I'll have a word with them for the future. I requested day off tomorrow as I have to be in college anyway so I'm sure they'll understand:p: . I think what happened was that, knowing it's half term they put me through as available the whole week when in fact I said I wasn't....the computer automatically assigns our shifts :rolleyes:
It's really convenient for me as well as it's really close to home and tbh I think this is the nicest McD in the whole town! :P:

How long have you worked there overall? :smile:

I just had my induction today.

I was at the previous store for about a month. TBH it wasn't just shifts I was getting annoyed about, there was a lack of training. I was being placed on grill or dive every single shift when I raised my concerns with the manager he just shrugged his shoulders and said that's the way it works. Sent a couple letters to head office though. :p:
Reply 1782
miml
I just had my induction today.

I was at the previous store for about a month. TBH it wasn't just shifts I was getting annoyed about, there was a lack of training. I was being placed on grill or dive every single shift when I raised my concerns with the manager he just shrugged his shoulders and said that's the way it works. Sent a couple letters to head office though. :p:

How did induction go?

That's quite rubbish and I can see why you quit. Well done for sending the letters to head office though! I got my training and I still ask so many questions I'm bound to get on people's nerves...better than to get blamed if things go wrong though. You should try to get till...it's hectic but I don't think I'd want to do anything else :yes: Steer away from drive thru! At our restaurant it's constantly busy...ppl who work in drive thru never get a moment rest!!!...not to mention handheld!
What did you actually do in dive loll? do you just have to clean things (yes I do realise how stupid this question sounds!!). And how much did they pay you? (sorry for asking so many questions:rolleyes: feel free to tell me to shut up:o: )
Reply 1783
Andrii
How did induction go?

That's quite rubbish and I can see why you quit. Well done for sending the letters to head office though! I got my training and I still ask so many questions I'm bound to get on people's nerves...better than to get blamed if things go wrong though. You should try to get till...it's hectic but I don't think I'd want to do anything else :yes: Steer away from drive thru! At our restaurant it's constantly busy...ppl who work in drive thru never get a moment rest!!!...not to mention handheld!
What did you actually do in dive loll? do you just have to clean things (yes I do realise how stupid this question sounds!!). And how much did they pay you? (sorry for asking so many questions:rolleyes: feel free to tell me to shut up:o: )

Induction was alright, and I think it is the same everywhere. Watched the video , filled out some forms then did the test (in 10 minutes this time, because a) only questions with a check answer button actually have to be answered, b) you can click next on the questions that do require answering and even if it is wrong you can ask it to show you the answers, memorise it and go back if that makes sense).

I really hope I get to do till, and fries (can't say you've worked at McDonalds really until you've asked "Would you like fries with that.")

Yeah dive is exactly that. Washing up. And not just the small trays, I spent a fair number of 8 hour shifts washing the massive filters and grills they have. Not fun.:frown: The pay was normal 4.80 I think, but this store pays me 5 :woop:

How long have you been working there?
Reply 1784
miml
Induction was alright, and I think it is the same everywhere. Watched the video , filled out some forms then did the test (in 10 minutes this time, because a) only questions with a check answer button actually have to be answered, b) you can click next on the questions that do require answering and even if it is wrong you can ask it to show you the answers, memorise it and go back if that makes sense).

I really hope I get to do till, and fries (can't say you've worked at McDonalds really until you've asked "Would you like fries with that.")

Yeah dive is exactly that. Washing up. And not just the small trays, I spent a fair number of 8 hour shifts washing the massive filters and grills they have. Not fun.:frown: The pay was normal 4.80 I think, but this store pays me 5 :woop:

How long have you been working there?

I've worked there 2 weeks. That's officially over. Manager told me I had a shift today but I've got work to do....lots of work. So kept asking me when I'm coming in so eventually i gave in and said an hour... never showed up. Technically I'm pretty sure I've been fired. I know it was a horrible thing to do. Even if somehow they said oh you can still come back I won't. I really don't want to. I've never done something this low in my life....:frown:
Hope you have better luck :smile: Don't do what I did loll or you'll have a whole restaurant hating you :P: Not that I'm ever eating McD again....2 weeks there has put me off.

EDIT: I'm also quite puzzled as to why I only have half the money I was supposed to have received today.
Arrears? Tax? Past stop day?
Reply 1786
This may sound stupid, but bear with me. A local McDonalds have just put a Part Time job advert on the website. It says the shift pattern is Evening. On the detailed shift pattern below, it says Mon-Fri: Evenings, Saturday-Sunday: Anytime.

My question is, could i apply for the position and work weekends only?
J-P_L
This may sound stupid, but bear with me. A local McDonalds have just put a Part Time job advert on the website. It says the shift pattern is Evening. On the detailed shift pattern below, it says Mon-Fri: Evenings, Saturday-Sunday: Anytime.

My question is, could i apply for the position and work weekends only?

You could, but they are specifically asking for those times. Worst thing happens is that you are rejected on availability
Reply 1788
I hate working at McDs.

There's no feeling of achievement, nothing fulfilling about it at all...

I want to quit, but I REALLY need the money... =/

Anyone have any words of encouragement to help me through this tough time in my life? :P
Mazzia
I hate working at McDs.

There's no feeling of achievement, nothing fulfilling about it at all...

I want to quit, but I REALLY need the money... =/

Anyone have any words of encouragement to help me through this tough time in my life? :P

learn how to filter and pull the grills.

scraping the last bit of grease off the wall behind the grill is almost orgasmic :p:
daytona01
learn how to filter and pull the grills.

scraping the last bit of grease off the wall behind the grill is almost orgasmic :p:

XD.

With my ~8 hours in kitchen, I can fully attest to this :woo:
I have an interview and im ******* brix :frown:
Reply 1792
MeanMachine
I have an interview and im ******* brix :frown:

Want my advice?

Apply for another job.
Corpsetaker
XD.

With my ~8 hours in kitchen, I can fully attest to this :woo:

lemme guess, you prefer it to cooking? :p:

thats what i was like - i'd run my ass off doing all the dirty jobs (fast and well) just to get out of cooking.

But then i transferred and their closes were like 20mins longer :p:

Oh and then i quit because of the wolves
Mazzia
Want my advice?

Apply for another job.

no i don't particularly want YOUR advice :teehee:
Reply 1795
Hi Guys, I have a welcome meeting tomorrow, but the address theyve told me to go to is different from the one where i want to work, is this normal and just for training purposes?
HELP!!!!
Jpt92
Hi Guys, I have a welcome meeting tomorrow, but the address theyve told me to go to is different from the one where i want to work, is this normal and just for training purposes?
HELP!!!!

Its ok, a number of stores might just be doing all of theirs together to make life easier
Reply 1797
Ill recommend not to bother. Im in the 4th busiest store and I am never getting trained. I have been on window 2, drinks and fries. Thats all like 20 mins on chicken.

Dont do it for your sake!
Reply 1798
Believe me, it could be a LOT worse. You could be a glorified cleaner aka a 'Customer Care Assistant'. Not a great deal of training there either
Hello,
on Sunday i have my welcome meeting, i only just got in from college a few hours ago. With it being a friday i cant get any references from my school or college and i need 2 for Sunday. I dont have a clue what to do, my mate suggested to just explain i didnt have time to get any and would be able to get 2 for when i started? Should i do that or something else?
Also is it just dress casual?

Thanks a lot

Latest

Trending

Trending