The Student Room Group

MSc Applied Data Analytics

Hi All,

Want your advice on career choice after my MSc in Applied Data Analytics.

I'm studying this alongside my job at KPMG here is the link: https://www.bpp.com/courses/data/msc-applied-data-analytics

Just wonder what options there will be out there once I finish and how to best leverage this degree.

Thanks in advance,
Anybody?
Reply 2
I am not sure what the point of doing a masters degree when you already have a job. At least to me, it just seems like a qualification for the sake of it.
KPMG are paying for it to upskill me and add value to the firm. Ofcourse can always leave and work elsewhere but unsure what else I can go into. Currently in IT Audit.
Reply 4
Lots of data science roles out there, primarily carrying out analysis on operational data to make improvements in the company in some way. You will probably have to start in an entry role however.
Original post by 0le
Lots of data science roles out there, primarily carrying out analysis on operational data to make improvements in the company in some way. You will probably have to start in an entry role however.

thanks for the reply!
There are loads of data science certs and stuff to boost your degree, like the Microsoft Azure data science certs could be good to get you into cloud computing, I'd guess that would be a requirement for most jobs.
Thank you for your reply, I didnt know about these - I will research more into them!
Probably more cost effective to get a DataCamp subscription. But if the qualification is paid for, and there aren’t any financial strings attached, then upskilling at work is always a positive!
Hi Mountaindew1

are you done with the Data Analytics course, how did you find it? Is it intense or is the pace ok. What languages did you learn for coding?
Original post by Mountaindew1
Thank you for your reply, I didnt know about these - I will research more into them!

Hi, Have you heard of the Digdata programme - a virtual work experience provider where data is used to solve a real business or social problem? This could be a great way of working with different companies, solving different client problems and engaging with role models in industry. All events are free to attend, hosted on MS Teams and are awarded certification - www.digdata,online
Reply 11
Original post by Mountaindew1
Hi All,

Want your advice on career choice after my MSc in Applied Data Analytics.

I'm studying this alongside my job at KPMG here is the link: https://www.bpp.com/courses/data/msc-applied-data-analytics

Just wonder what options there will be out there once I finish and how to best leverage this degree.

Thanks in advance,

Completing an MSc in Applied Data Analytics can open up a wide range of career opportunities for you. With the increasing demand for data professionals, you can explore roles such as data analyst, data scientist, business intelligence analyst, or even a data consultant. Leverage your degree by gaining practical experience through internships or projects that allow you to apply your skills in real-world scenarios. Additionally, consider acquiring certifications like Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or completing courses in specialized areas like machine learning or big data analytics to enhance your expertise.

In addition to the course you mentioned at BPP, there are several other reputable institutions offering data analytics programs. Some notable options include the MSc in Data Science at the University of Edinburgh, the MSc in Business Analytics at MIT Sloan School of Management, and the MSc in Data Analytics and Business Economics at Imperial College London. Researching and comparing these programs can help you find the one that aligns best with your career goals.

What specific area within data analytics are you most interested in pursuing, and what steps have you taken so far to advance in your career?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending