The Student Room Group

Not sure what course I should apply for

I really want to go to University, and for the entire first year at college, I've planned to study Law.

However during Summer I've been thinking a lot and realistically, I don't know if I'm going to get the grades to study at a worthwile university. I'm predicted to get BBB which might get me into some places that give me a good chance at a future, but for most top-level universities, AAB's are what they're looking for, if not AAA.

But, on the other end of the spectrum, I've devoted most of my extracurriculars to Law. I've helped with Law events such as a "Murder Mystery" Day, attended a trip to meet Solicitors and have signed up for the mock trial competition.

If I don't study Law, I won't have many subject-specific extracurricular events to put on my personal statement, which will limit the ability to even go to university. What are my options? I'm just really worried about what I can do now honestly, I want the best future possible in an area I enjoy but at this point, I don't know what I can do.
Original post by LocatelliH
I really want to go to University, and for the entire first year at college, I've planned to study Law.

However during Summer I've been thinking a lot and realistically, I don't know if I'm going to get the grades to study at a worthwile university. I'm predicted to get BBB which might get me into some places that give me a good chance at a future, but for most top-level universities, AAB's are what they're looking for, if not AAA.

But, on the other end of the spectrum, I've devoted most of my extracurriculars to Law. I've helped with Law events such as a "Murder Mystery" Day, attended a trip to meet Solicitors and have signed up for the mock trial competition.

If I don't study Law, I won't have many subject-specific extracurricular events to put on my personal statement, which will limit the ability to even go to university. What are my options? I'm just really worried about what I can do now honestly, I want the best future possible in an area I enjoy but at this point, I don't know what I can do.

Is there no way your teachers could raise your predicted grades to ABB or AAB, if you show them that you’re willing to put in extra work etc
There’s also clearing, where BBB is accepted by some decent universities.
Reply 2
If I were you, I'd focus on getting really good A level grades and not focus on your predictions. If you score higher in your actual A level exams than your predicted grades, there's a high chance you'll get a place at a good/decent uni. Alternatively, you could take a gap year after your A levels and apply for 2021 with your set of A levels then, and spend the year boosting your PS even further with a mini pupillages, CAB, law-related stuff to really impress the uni you want to go for.

Latest

Trending

Trending