The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GMAS
I've got a group interview in a few days, booked a slot online but I went to check the other times after I confirmed mine and it still allowed me to choose a time, is this normal?

yes its normal, if you click another time then you will be booked for that time
Original post by GMAS
I've got a group interview in a few days, booked a slot online but I went to check the other times after I confirmed mine and it still allowed me to choose a time, is this normal?

I personally have never had that happened however, this might be waitrose have to confirm it. Or maybe just for luck redo the booking exactly as you've already done.
:smile:
Original post by Greekgeekable
It is okay will get back to you. I have just gotten the job after being put on hold for like a week and a bot. which was surprising. So they will get back to you and your most likely going to be the first one to be offered a position. In retrospect, if you did have exams than being put on hold isn't so bad, at least you can revise.
But the main thing is they will hire you most likely because they want to hire and don't have space.
Good Luck. :smile:

I've heard of people getting jobs after being hold for a couple of weeks, but this is just less then two months :frown: I hope you're right, I really want a job there. I just don't want to get my hopes up for 2 months.
Original post by Liberty.
I've heard of people getting jobs after being hold for a couple of weeks, but this is just less then two months :frown: I hope you're right, I really want a job there. I just don't want to get my hopes up for 2 months.

Well they will most likely employ you because it would be easier to employ you because all they really have to do is train you. But anyways, if people are leaving in the summer for Uni. They will like 99% choose you. eitherin september or July.
Hope that helped.
Good Luck.
Reply 7064
I personally have never had that happened however, this might be waitrose have to confirm it. Or maybe just for luck redo the booking exactly as you've already done.

Thank you, something must of went wrong. Got a confirmation email now.
Original post by GMAS
Thank you, something must of went wrong. Got a confirmation email now.

Good, and good luck! By the way, what branch are you applying for?
Well they will most likely employ you because it would be easier to employ you because all they really have to do is train you. But anyways, if people are leaving in the summer for Uni. They will like 99% choose you. eitherin september or July.
Hope that helped.
Good Luck.

Lets hope that's the case! It was such a friendly place :tongue: and not to mention so many benefits.
Thank you.
Hi Guys, I recently applied for a Supermarket Assistant job at a new Waitrose and was invited to a group interview. About a week after the group interview I was sent an email stating that I was successful and I would then either be matched up to a suitable job or I would be put on hold for 3 months. This morning I just checked my emails and was very surprised to see I could not be matched up with any job position! I really thought I'd get this job as my specification was a minimum of 10 hours and maximum of 25, I would consider temporary work, work in any department within the store and I would work ANY hour of the day.
Now I thought that would be wide enough for me to be suited into a specific job, was 10 hours too high for a minimum hours per week? Has anyone had the same issue, I literally said I could work any hour anywhere within the store - yet still no offer - I really needed this job!!
Original post by NeedAJobFast
Hi Guys, I recently applied for a Supermarket Assistant job at a new Waitrose and was invited to a group interview. About a week after the group interview I was sent an email stating that I was successful and I would then either be matched up to a suitable job or I would be put on hold for 3 months. This morning I just checked my emails and was very surprised to see I could not be matched up with any job position! I really thought I'd get this job as my specification was a minimum of 10 hours and maximum of 25, I would consider temporary work, work in any department within the store and I would work ANY hour of the day.
Now I thought that would be wide enough for me to be suited into a specific job, was 10 hours too high for a minimum hours per week? Has anyone had the same issue, I literally said I could work any hour anywhere within the store - yet still no offer - I really needed this job!!

Firstly, it is okay I have had that problem, however because it is a new store they will likely re-estimate the amount of places available and they will likely apply you. And 10 hours isn't too high. I said I could work 10 hours too. But got a 6 hour shift. It's okay. They will probably employ you. And from what you said they really have no excuse to deny you.
Firstly, it is okay I have had that problem, however because it is a new store they will likely re-estimate the amount of places available and they will likely apply you. And 10 hours isn't too high. I said I could work 10 hours too. But got a 6 hour shift. It's okay. They will probably employ you. And from what you said they really have no excuse to deny you.

Thanks a lot for the reply, you have eased my fears slightly! Anyway, I will continue to apply for as many jobs as possible today and hope for the best. I'll post back here if I get offered a job within the next 3 months at Waitrose :smile:
Don't worry darling as long as you were heard and were polite and calm, I'm sure you did fine. Because I got the job today and I swear I wasn't that loud or leaderish either. But I think it was my confidence . As long as you were confident and calm you appear to be a good employee as your not too demanding and commanding.
And don't worry about not knowing what to do in the future. Hey heck no one does.
They realise your human. My mum thinks its amazing even I know what I want to be when I'm older. So don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile kno

Original post by kudos2u
I assure you that those who are loud and outspoken are most probably viewed negatively.

It's a group interview and therefore you must find the balance between getting your voice heard and listening to what others have to say. When people begin to talk over you and don't let you have a say it's seen as rude and marked negatively.

Think about it this way, who in the right mind is going to hire a bull in a china shop who is just going to upset and anger existing staff being the big 'I am'.

I'm sure you did fine.

Thank you guys... been worrying away about it since the interview and checking my emails constantly but I've just got in and found I'm being job matched! Omg :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 7071

Heyy, I got offered a job at a new waitrose, I was pretty flexible. Anyway, I found out they only took 80 external candidates. The rest were people who already worked at waitrose. It's pretty much down to luck if your chosen, cause hundreds of people prob had similar availability. I was put hold for another branch of waitrose, I found out today that they wanted to arrange a second interview. So don't lose complete hope! It's easier for them to get back to the people on hold

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7072
Went for a group interview at a Little Waitrose today and just thought I'd post my experience for anyone who has an upcoming one!

I arrived around 10 minutes early. I had to sign in as a visitor and was given a name sticker and lead upto the staff room area by a friendly member of staff who I openly chatted with (Remember: Make a good impression from the second you go in!) A few people were already there, but we also waited for a few more to arrive. There was 6 of us including myself in the interview and one interviewer.

We started with an icebreaker where we had to build the tallest tower using jelly babies and spaghetti. This makes you feel suprisingly relaxed in a small amount of time!

We then went onto the personal presentation bit. This is just a chance to explain a little bit about yourself, nothing to scary as they only last around a minute. We had 3 questions to answer within our presentation. Tip: Make your answers interesting so the interviewer enjoys listening to what you have to say!

For the last bit we had to work in groups of 2 to sell what could be considering quite boring products, but we had to sell them so we had to give them interesting twists! This was quite a fun activity, as was the whole interview!

At the end, we were asked to fill out a questionnaire about our preferences of areas to work within the shop, any pre-booked holidays and our uniforms sizes and preferences.

DO NOT PANIC TO MUCH ABOUT THIS INTERVIEW. Just make sure you feel prepared and remember to smile and look like you want the job! I'll definitely keep you guys updated with my progress!
Reply 7073
Thanks for the help everyone! I attended a group interview about a week ago and was called to attend a 1 to 1 interview. What would this entail and does this basically mean I have the job?
Original post by .Missy
Heyy, I got offered a job at a new waitrose, I was pretty flexible. Anyway, I found out they only took 80 external candidates. The rest were people who already worked at waitrose. It's pretty much down to luck if your chosen, cause hundreds of people prob had similar availability. I was put hold for another branch of waitrose, I found out today that they wanted to arrange a second interview. So don't lose complete hope! It's easier for them to get back to the people on hold

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Missy,thanks for your reply! I'm just wondering - how long did it take for you to get a job offer after you were told you were put on hold? Well done on getting the job in the end.
Reply 7075
Hi Missy,thanks for your reply! I'm just wondering - how long did it take for you to get a job offer after you were told you were put on hold? Well done on getting the job in the end.

Heyy the waitrose that I was put on hold with. I didn't attend a second interview because I already had a job at another waitrose. It took them about 1 and a half- 2 months to get back in touch for a second interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .Missy
Heyy the waitrose that I was put on hold with. I didn't attend a second interview because I already had a job at another waitrose. It took them about 1 and a half- 2 months to get back in touch for a second interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been put on hold as well, but I had already attended two interviews for the position. Does this mean if they can job match me, I'll have to attend another? Crazy amount of interview aha. For my current job at Superdrug, I basically got the job within a 15 minute interview with the Manager :tongue:
Reply 7077
If you received an email saying that they're currently job matching you. Then you have to wait and see if they find a position for you. You won't have to attend any more interviews, just training and signing the contract left to do. Good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7078
Original post by Liberty.
I've been put on hold as well, but I had already attended two interviews for the position. Does this mean if they can job match me, I'll have to attend another? Crazy amount of interview aha. For my current job at Superdrug, I basically got the job within a 15 minute interview with the Manager :tongue:

Sorry forgot to quote you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .Missy
If you received an email saying that they're currently job matching you. Then you have to wait and see if they find a position for you. You won't have to attend any more interviews, just training and signing the contract left to do. Good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'd be great :biggrin: Yeh, they sent an email saying they'll keep me down for a job for 3 months. So by August, from all the Uni-leavers, surely there should be a suitable job :tongue:. Lets hope so! Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending