The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8940
So I got an offer of employment (Supermarket Assistant) from Waitrose (thanks to those who told me to wait as you guys were right) but I am bit lost with this whole Partnerlink thing.

Firstly do I have to do any online training before my start date? Under Mandatory Training and Scheduled Learning it says 'no data to display' under certification name and course name.

Secondly do the bank details you enter have to be your own or could you give one of your parent's bank details? I am in the process of opening an account but it might not be open in time before I start.

Finally I have been told that I start work on the 1st November via email but I have not been given a time to come in for. Should I have had a call telling me what time to come in for? I am contracted to work on Thursdays and Sundays so the earliest Sunday would be the 2nd so I am kind of confused. Do I come in for my contracted hours on Thursdays and Sundays from the 1st November onwards or do I actually need to come in on the 1st November?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by RFUR1
So I got an offer of employment (Supermarket Assistant) from Waitrose (thanks to those who told me to wait as you guys were right) but I am bit lost with this whole Partnerlink thing.

Firstly do I have to do any online training before my start date? Under Mandatory Training and Scheduled Learning it says 'no data to display' under certification name and course name.

Secondly do the bank details you enter have to be your own or could you give one of your parent's bank details? I am in the process of opening an account but it might not be open in time before I start.

Finally I have been told that I start work on the 1st November via email but I have not been given a time to come in for. Should I have had a call telling me what time to come in for? I am contracted to work on Thursdays and Sundays so the earliest Sunday would be the 2nd so I am kind of confused. Do I come in for my contracted hours on Thursdays and Sundays from the 1st November onwards or do I actually need to come in on the 1st November?

Any help would be much appreciated!

You'll most likely be doing online training during your first shift so don't worry about that part. As for the other two I think you should call in and ask, I think you can change your bank details on Partnerlink once your own bank account is set up but don't quote me on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carabethh
I don't know if you've already found a solution yet, but the Partnership doesn't initially take on permanents any more - I've worked there for 6 months now and they just renew your temporary contract continually for a while. Sometimes they keep you on rolling temporary, sometimes they make you permanent, it really depends on your branch and how you perform. The discount & pay at Waitrose makes it worth taking the job, and the employee circle. As long as you're enthusiastic, have excellent customer service (meaning smile, have a chat, be willing to go out of your way), you should have no problem.

This is a great help! i had my interview and it went great so just waiting to hear now! i really cant wait to leave where i am currently working, fed up of the shouting swearing and bullying!!
Original post by runningoutoftime
This is a great help! i had my interview and it went great so just waiting to hear now! i really cant wait to leave where i am currently working, fed up of the shouting swearing and bullying!!

No problem:biggrin: I thought the same thing when I applied, because I had a permanent job at ASDA but hated it, yet I didn't want to leave for a temp position. At my interview they explained the Partnership's contract procedures and was reassured, but I know not every one explains that to you!

Hope you get the job, it really is a nice place to work. Good luck:smile:
Original post by carabethh
No problem:biggrin: I thought the same thing when I applied, because I had a permanent job at ASDA but hated it, yet I didn't want to leave for a temp position. At my interview they explained the Partnership's contract procedures and was reassured, but I know not every one explains that to you!

Hope you get the job, it really is a nice place to work. Good luck:smile:

The lady just said that theres a chance it could become permanent but its hard to tell as it will be reviewed in the new year- however whilst waiting for my interview there were some assistants complaining how short staffed they were at the moment which gave me some reassurance!
Hi, I've been working at waitrose for 3 months but due to university commitments I am looking at resigning. I spoke to my supervisor and she said this is fine but told me that if I stay until the end of January then I'll get my partner bonus. Does anyone have any idea how much this is? I'm only contracted for 6 hours a week, but don't know how the bonuses are calculated? Basically trying to work out if it's worth staying the extra two months for the bonus? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Definitely a suit. Look smart and talk to as many people as possible in the group activities and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance! The interview went well :smile:
Original post by flutterby-x303
Ah thanks! How long did it take for them to give you an interview by the way?

They called me 3 days after I applied but I applied right before the deadline :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take for them to get back after the 1on1 + group interview? It's been 10 days but I don't want to seem too impatient. I'll probably email them on Wednesday as then it will be 2 weeks and they said it should be within 7 days.
Has anyone else heard outside the 7 day period?
What should I have prepared for my appraisal? Any hints/tips.
hi i just want to ask a question about holidays, I work 2 shifts a week and so how much holiday do i get every year? On my contract letter it said 22 but I dont think that is correct :frown:
Original post by runningoutoftime
The lady just said that theres a chance it could become permanent but its hard to tell as it will be reviewed in the new year- however whilst waiting for my interview there were some assistants complaining how short staffed they were at the moment which gave me some reassurance!

Yeah, it's reviewed generally every 3 months:smile:

To stand your highest chance of keeping the job, interact with customers constantly, offer them help and extra assistance, try to go out of your way to help the supervisors, and always give out service review cards with receipts! The more they see your talent with customer service and your attentiveness, the more likely you'll be kept on and even promoted.
hi does anyone know about the application process for the Trainee Team Manager roles as i have applied earlier today i have done all the test and was asked to submit the full application form. Thanks
I applied a few weeks ago for a job at waitrose. I would like to apply for another one at a different branch as well and logged in as a returning applicant to do this. But I was wondering, so you have to fill in the long time consuming questionnaire and all the other parts to the application all over again if you are applying for another job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flutterby-x303
I applied a few weeks ago for a job at waitrose. I would like to apply for another one at a different branch as well and logged in as a returning applicant to do this. But I was wondering, so you have to fill in the long time consuming questionnaire and all the other parts to the application all over again if you are applying for another job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to do the tests again but the parts after stay from previous applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will your manager feel a funny way about you doing overtime on other depts, if there is none in your own?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by princesskimana
Will your manager feel a funny way about you doing overtime on other depts, if there is none in your own?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there is no overtime in your own section then it shouldn't be a issue doing it for another, but check with your SM first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a job in operations, Im meant to be reducing stock and maintint standards does anyone know what this "unique section" of operations is like, I have 5months experience at a supermarket reducing etc.
Original post by Willw1
I have a job in operations, Im meant to be reducing stock and maintint standards does anyone know what this "unique section" of operations is like, I have 5months experience at a supermarket reducing etc.

I've only been working with Ops for about 2 weeks and the gist of my job involves auditing, ticketing, stock counts, reductions and visual checks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
I've only been working with Ops for about 2 weeks and the gist of my job involves auditing, ticketing, stock counts, reductions and visual checks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So are you on the same pay as everyone else? and are you on the same "level" by that I mean is it a more superior position compared to say, a person on checkouts?
Original post by Willw1
So are you on the same pay as everyone else? and are you on the same "level" by that I mean is it a more superior position compared to say, a person on checkouts?

I think ops get paid a tiny bit more but I'm not entirely sure.

In my head at least we are superior to those on the checkouts because if we don't do our job, they can't do theirs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending