The Student Room Group

Part time

I was searching for a part time job and I got into a store where they told me to start the trial shift. I worked for 4 hours and they rejected me after the trial work without paying. I am confused about the reason they rejected me after making me do all the work in the store.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Harryvp
I was searching for a part time job and I got into a store where they told me to start the trial shift. I worked for 4 hours and they rejected me after the trial work without paying. I am confused about the reason they rejected me after making me do all the work in the store.

Employers don't (currently) have to pay for trial shifts, and as you did about half a shift and failed it, you won't be in a strong position to ask for pay.

What else did they say when they said you had failed? Usually it's for being too slow, or not talking to customers.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Employers don't (currently) have to pay for trial shifts, and as you did about half a shift and failed it, you won't be in a strong position to ask for pay.

What else did they say when they said you had failed? Usually it's for being too slow, or not talking to customers.

They didn't mention any reasons for rejection.
Original post by Harryvp
They didn't mention any reasons for rejection.

So did they just say "Thank you, we won't be taking you on"?
Original post by Harryvp

I'd deffo ask for a reason why they rejected you. At least then you will know where you went wrong and where you can improve for the next jobs you apply for.
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift
So did they just say "Thank you, we won't be taking you on"?

I got to know the reason from my friend. Actually there were vacancies at the beginning but after the trial, one more manager had already hired another candidate, so they didn't select me.
And one more thing me and my friend both started the trial period at the same time, they hired her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending