The Student Room Group

Irishman in City Uni doing Aerospace?

Alright, here's my story.

*Deep breath*

I'm in the Republic of Ireland at the moment, always have been. When I did my Leaving Certificate(2nd level) I wanted to do Aerospace. Problem was there is only one Aero course in the country (Limerick) and I wanted to spread my options, so I looked across the water. Applied to a few places, and got some conditional offers, and to my surprise, anunconditional offer from City University! They weren't even going to look at my Leaving Cert, I was in! I didn't however, take it up because at the time I thought it'd be a steep learning curve as I wasn't sure if I'd even get my LC. Turns out I was right, taking the higher exams and failing Maths, Physics, and Applied Maths.

All wasn't lost though. I got onto a 2 year Certificate course in Mechanical Engineering, which I am now in my 2nd year and doing quite well in.

Now, back to City. I went to visit them during the summer (the day after Farnborough) and asked about coming in after my Mech cert is done. They said it was a case of applying, getting decent grades on my course, and there would be a place for me in 2nd year.

Also though, Limerick will take me if I apply. It would be a lot easier to get to, I'd be able to go home more often, and it's half the cost. However, there's no manufacturers here in Ireland, and I'd prefer to be closer to the industry than just Shannon.

I'm now in a dilemma. Is it worth the extra cost of living in London to go to City University as opposed to staying within a 4 hour bus journey from home?

I just don't know.
Reply 1
how badly do you want to go to city, is it enough that you're willing to make sacrifices?
Reply 2
Eh? Sacrifices?

Please elaborate......

Latest

Trending

Trending