The Student Room Group

BEng to non accredited BSc

What is the big and more effective difference between them? Plus I am 2nd year BEng student being transferred to BSc (unaccredited) for my last year. Can I score higher grades and graduate as BEng? Keeping in mind I am from Oman an international student .
Original post by Mohammed1313
What is the big and more effective difference between them? Plus I am 2nd year BEng student being transferred to BSc (unaccredited) for my last year. Can I score higher grades and graduate as BEng? Keeping in mind I am from Oman an international student .

Why are you transferring to the BSc?
Original post by Smack
Why are you transferring to the BSc?

Did not pass in 3 subjects of 2nd year. (Got 3 soft fails)
Did not pass in 3 subjects of 2nd year. (Got 3 soft fails)

The BEng is typically an unaccredited degree that is completed by those who do not complete all modules as part of the BEng. How much this matters outside of the UK I don't know, though (assuming you aren't intending to work in the UK after graduation, in which case it might be more difficult securing graduate work with a BSc).
Original post by Smack
The BEng is typically an unaccredited degree that is completed by those who do not complete all modules as part of the BEng. How much this matters outside of the UK I don't know, though (assuming you aren't intending to work in the UK after graduation, in which case it might be more difficult securing graduate work with a BSc).

Thank you for your replay.

Yes I am already working in Oil and gas field as gas station Operator in Oman.
So I applied for this scholarship to get Bachelor. And when I let my sponsor about I am being transferred to unaccredited BSc, They were asking me what exactly its means.
Does unaccredited means it will not be counted at all as a bachelor certificate.
And what if I wanted in future to do masters?
Thank you for your replay.

Yes I am already working in Oil and gas field as gas station Operator in Oman.
So I applied for this scholarship to get Bachelor. And when I let my sponsor about I am being transferred to unaccredited BSc, They were asking me what exactly its means.
Does unaccredited means it will not be counted at all as a bachelor certificate.
And what if I wanted in future to do masters?

A BEng is usually an Honours degree course accredited by IMechE or similar - what is the BSc? Is it Honours and just not accredited or what?
Original post by Muttley79
A BEng is usually an Honours degree course accredited by IMechE or similar - what is the BSc? Is it Honours and just not accredited or what?

Yes It will be honours BSc but just unaccredited.
Yes It will be honours BSc but just unaccredited.

So it's still an Honours Batchelor degree - the lack of accreditation is probably not so important if you already have experience. They should explain the significance to you ...

Quick Reply

Latest