The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

University of Worcester Applicants Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jess031101
Hey, I’m also firmed to study Geography at Worcester. Where are you from? I’m from Coventry in the Midlands.

I’m from Northampton
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Original post by amberh117
Heeeey! I’ve been given an offer too for paramedic science! 😊

another here for Paramedic Science - my firm choice :smile:
Original post by Loukati
Hi I’m Eloise. I have firmed Worcester to study Special educational needs, diversity and inclusion. I am currently studying Teaching English literature and language, Psychology and business. I listed Vesta Tilley and William Morris as my preferred options for accommodation.

I just completed my first year at Worc, and i lived in William Morris. Lots of memories. Wish you the best!
Original post by jenniferelsie
Hi :smile: Im Jennifer, i have a conditional offer to do Fine Art and Illustration at worcester. I haven't found anyone yet doing illustration :smile:

Hello. I just completed my first year doing Fine Art with Psychology, im happy to answer any questions:smile:
Original post by Sassycoo
Hello. I just completed my first year doing Fine Art with Psychology, im happy to answer any questions:smile:

Thank you :smile: i expect its different depending on what subjects you take, but what was your schedule like doing a joint course. was it split 50/50? Also, with fine art was there anything specific you particularly liked on the course that you wouldn't expect? xx :smile: i have looked up about it on their website, however im just curious to hear from a student taking the course.
Original post by jenniferelsie
Thank you :smile: i expect its different depending on what subjects you take, but what was your schedule like doing a joint course. was it split 50/50? Also, with fine art was there anything specific you particularly liked on the course that you wouldn't expect? xx :smile: i have looked up about it on their website, however im just curious to hear from a student taking the course.

So with my course its a single honours but in your fine art class you will be with every student doing fine art, whether thats joint honours, fine art with psych or just fine art on its own, we all do it together. I believe my friends who do fine art and illustration joint honours, they have 2 modules for each course, making it 50/50, but in second and third year you can choose your major or minor depending on what you prefer.

I really liked the fact that one of the lectures has an art gallery and will select very few art works that will feature in an exhibition so if you work hard your work could be in his gallery.

Honestly, i love the university. I am course rep for the course and student ambassador so i might pop round to see how you are all doing in September if i can :smile:
Original post by Sassycoo
So with my course its a single honours but in your fine art class you will be with every student doing fine art, whether thats joint honours, fine art with psych or just fine art on its own, we all do it together. I believe my friends who do fine art and illustration joint honours, they have 2 modules for each course, making it 50/50, but in second and third year you can choose your major or minor depending on what you prefer.

I really liked the fact that one of the lectures has an art gallery and will select very few art works that will feature in an exhibition so if you work hard your work could be in his gallery.

Honestly, i love the university. I am course rep for the course and student ambassador so i might pop round to see how you are all doing in September if i can :smile:

Thanks for replying:smile: im looking forward to (hopefully) joining in september and im glad that i was able to hear from a fine art student directly. x
Hi, I'm Chloe. I've accepted Worcester as my firm for studying Initial teachers training :smile:
Original post by Becca_67
Hi I'm Mollie, I've been accepted onto the criminology with policing course. Anyone else on the same course? X

Hi I’m on this course too! X
Original post by Becca_67
Hi I'm Mollie, I've been accepted onto the criminology with policing course. Anyone else on the same course? X

Hi I’m Rachel and I’m on this course too! X
That’s great! Would you like my to add you to a group chat we have going. Pm me either your snap chat or Facebook if you’d like !!! Xx
Is anyone here in Berrow Hall for accommodation?
Hi, I'm Chloe and I've been accepted to study Primary education and placed in Abberley Hall flat 3 I think :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 73
Hi! I’m in Berrow Hall :smile:
Original post by MollieRB
Is anyone here in Berrow Hall for accommodation?
Original post by TayAnn
Hi! I’m in Berrow Hall :smile:

Which flat?? We have a Facebook chat if you’d like to be added? Just pm me you name if you’d like too!!
Reply 75
Original post by MollieRB
Which flat?? We have a Facebook chat if you’d like to be added? Just pm me you name if you’d like too!!

I’d love to be added to the facebook chat- I think I’m in 3A
Has anyone on this thread been placed in AE Houseman Halls? I'm in Flat 4!
Reply 77
Hi all! My name is Ben and I’ll be studying biomedical science at Worcester University and staying on St. John’s campus. So if you’re studying biomedical science or staying at St. John’s campus or even anywhere else and want to chat please send me through a pm. A little nervous as I don’t know anyone going to study here so would be nice to know a few people to meet when the academic year starts :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by DivineZero17
Has anyone on this thread been placed in AE Houseman Halls? I'm in Flat 4!

Yep I'm in Houseman too, not sure what flat tho 10A I think.
Hi, I'm Grace! I.m studying nursing and I'm in Vesta Tilley! I'll join the group chat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending