The Student Room Group

Official: University of Worcester A101 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Worcester A101 2023 Entry Discussion.

Worcester A101 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7198125

For general information click: https://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/medicine-mbchb

For entry requirements click: https://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/medicine-mbchb#entry-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, anyone know if the med course for Worcester is confirmed to run for 2023 this cycle? I heard the 2022 offer holders got deferred to Sept 2023 because of GMC issues with the uni
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi everyone,

I'm currently about to go into my 3rd year of study of neuroscience with a predicted grade of a first class.

I was wondering if anyone here has applied for/ gained acceptance to do graduate entry medicine at the Worcester Medical School or if anyone has any further information about it, as the website is kinda vague lol.

I sat my UCAT today and didn't score as high as I was hoping so I'm trying to apply for places with lower UCAT cut-off scores. I'm just assuming since this medical school is new, their cut off score will be relatively lower than other grad-entry med schools, but I could be wrong.

I have emailed their admissions team but haven't heard anything back yet :/ I would really appreciate it if anyone who has applied or got an interview or going in Sept could help me out.

Thank so much guys!! :smile:
Does anyone know what the uCAT cut off score might be like or what it was like last year?

thank you :smile:
Oh my goodness, it sounds super disorganised!

I've had a quick read through of the thread and saw that they emailed someone saying home students will not be accepted for 2023 entry? But on the website it says that they will be open for home students starting Sept 2023.

Also it sounds like those who got offers for 2022 but have been asked to defer will probably take up all the home student spaces for 2023? I'm not sure but thats what it sounds like

Do you know what the cut-off score was like for 2022 entry? and also do you have any information about the casper test they want you to sit? from what I've read it sounds like the SJT section of UCAT.

thanks again :smile:
Does anyone know what the UCAT cut off score was like last year and what it may be like this year?

Also on their website it states that they are accepting home students for 2023 entry however on this thread i saw someone say that they are not. does anyone know which is true??

Reply 6
Hi everyone,

Has anyone submitted a direct application on Worcester website for Sept 2022 rather than applying via UCAS??
What should we do in this case? To my understanding, we must put Worcester as one of our choices in UCAS EVEN if we applied directly and I was told to withdraw my application in order to put in ucas. But I am confused why I must withdraw my direct application in order to do that’?
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Original post by wavines.s
Does anyone know what the UCAT cut off score was like last year and what it may be like this year?

Also on their website it states that they are accepting home students for 2023 entry however on this thread i saw someone say that they are not. does anyone know which is true??

On the website it says “there is no cut off but most applicants who are shortlisted achieve 2500 or above” and they also accept GAMSAT of 50. But they do rank UCAT so it depends who’s applying that year. If u have over 2500 tho it’s probably fine to apply
Reply 9
Is it worth applying for Worcester GEM for 2023 entry or are we likely going to be as disappointed as those who applied and were turned away for this years entry?
I also have both UCAT and GAMSAT so I wonder if they will consider my best score of the two.
Original post by craiok
Is it worth applying for Worcester GEM for 2023 entry or are we likely going to be as disappointed as those who applied and were turned away for this years entry?
I also have both UCAT and GAMSAT so I wonder if they will consider my best score of the two.

The website said that only international students could apply last year, so who was turned away?
Reply 11
Original post by Chadders1300
The website said that only international students could apply last year, so who was turned away?

Just from reading this thread a few people have commented that the GMC told them after giving offers out that they didn't have permission, so presumably withdrew the offers? With the deadline in 5 days I would love to apply to Worcester as it is close to home for me, but don't want to waste a place if they are going to have similar problems?
Original post by Chadders1300

I believe they opened up to home students right at the last minute, and then couldn't open. So the home students who accepted a place last year had to defer to this year if they didn't get another offer. That is my understanding of the situation, i think that's right.
@Kmaisey so do you think there won't be any places for home students this year?
Original post by wesley3000
@Kmaisey so do you think there won't be any places for home students this year?

I don't know if or how many places there will be. I saw that someone posted to say they received an email from the uni saying there would be 20 places for home students, including those who have deferred from last year. Which means there could be 20 places for applicants this year, or there could 0 places for applicants from this year.

My personal view is apply to Worcester if it isn't detrimental to your chances of getting in, my UCAT wasn't quite high enough to apply to many UCAT universities so I have a free slot and therefore applying isn't hurting my chances. However choosing Worcester over another university might be a bit more of a gamble given that we don't know how many places there will be.
Has anyone not received an acknowledgment email yet??
Anyone know what is going on with Worcester A101 2023 entry for home students? They've updated UCAS website *after* the UCAS deadline to say they're not accepting home students?! I checked my application, now 3 days after the deadline, my Worcester application section says " *Check your eligibility - This course is ONLY open for international applicants. If you are unsure about your status, please check with the university or college."

Am I misunderstanding this or have they got UK students to apply and then said they won't be taking home students, whereas their official website *still* says they are accepting home students as long as they applied by 15th Oct 22??? If anyone knows anything, please comment haha I'm panicking
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mona1101
Anyone know what is going on with Worcester A101 2023 entry for home students? They've updated UCAS website *after* the UCAS deadline to say they're not accepting home students?! I checked my application, now 3 days after the deadline, my Worcester application section says " *Check your eligibility - This course is ONLY open for international applicants. If you are unsure about your status, please check with the university or college."

Am I misunderstanding this or have they got UK students to apply and then said they won't be taking home students, whereas their official website *still* says they are accepting home students as long as they applied by 15th Oct 22??? If anyone knows anything, please comment haha I'm panicking

I would trust the official website.

‘The application deadline for home students for 2023 entry has now passed - if you submitted your application through UCAS before the deadline, you will be considered for a place’

They confirmed they were accepting home students and there were spaces for home students very recently so I wouldn’t worry
Original post by socialtourist0
I would trust the official website.

‘The application deadline for home students for 2023 entry has now passed - if you submitted your application through UCAS before the deadline, you will be considered for a place’

They confirmed they were accepting home students and there were spaces for home students very recently so I wouldn’t worry

Original post by Mona1101

Don’t worry, they allow intl applicants to apply until January so they probably were just clarifying home students can no longer apply as it’s past the home deadline while they are still accepting applications from intls
Does anyone know if you are shortlisted to take the Casper test, if you are guaranteed an interview after that, or if you are selected to an interview based on your Casper test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending