The Student Room Group

telling a short story in a foreign language

ok so my homework is to tell a short story in front of class. Ill only be speaking it since its a dialect class. And im struggling to find a topic to talk about. Please give me some ideas.It shouldnt be more than 3-5 mins of speaking.... Could be a funny story, religious, anything really? thankssssssssss:redface:
Reply 1
How about a short fairytale?
Reply 2
talking about the environment is always a good one for mfl presentations since more than likely you've been taught the vocab for it :smile:
Reply 3
hobnob
How about a short fairytale?

mukashi mukashi... :laugh:

I wonder if I'll ever get to use that in Japanese.
Reply 4
gaijin
mukashi mukashi... :laugh:

I wonder if I'll ever get to use that in Japanese.

Hmm, sorry, would you care to explain that joke to a stupid person who doesn't know any Japanese apart from the names of various types of green tea?:confused:
A short story in French is a 'conte'. :yep: I'm very keen to whack that out, two weeks after my last French lesson :s-smilie:

I did a fairytale in German once - it was Rotkaeppchen, only I think it had some sort of twist, where the Oma married the wolf in the end.
Mukashi mukashi means 'once upon a time' essentially.

I like the fairy tale idea :smile:
Reply 7
jonnythemoose
I did a fairytale in German once - it was Rotkaeppchen, only I think it had some sort of twist, where the Oma married the wolf in the end.

:biggrin:
Yes, that's the nice thing about fairy tales: you can adapt and vary them quite easily and play with your audience's expectations.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending