The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Fees

I have applied for law at Durham University but haven’t been given an offer yet however, since I am not a British national, they have emailed me about my settled status in regards to updating my application to ‘home’ fees instead of the ‘overseas’ fees. I also have an offer from University of Leeds and they have asked me for the same thing but only after they made me an offer. My point is, I don’t see why they would bother with updating my fee type unless they are at least considering me. Do you reckon this is a good sign? (I have been waiting for a while and I’m a bit impatient as you may be able to tell).
I'm speaking as another Durham applicant (home student) waiting for their response, and as far as what people are saying on here it is normal for people to be waiting for offers around this time of year March/April, so hopefully we'll get a response soon!
(edited 1 month ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by iulia1444
I have applied for law at Durham University but haven’t been given an offer yet however, since I am not a British national, they have emailed me about my settled status in regards to updating my application to ‘home’ fees instead of the ‘overseas’ fees. I also have an offer from University of Leeds and they have asked me for the same thing but only after they made me an offer. My point is, I don’t see why they would bother with updating my fee type unless they are at least considering me. Do you reckon this is a good sign? (I have been waiting for a while and I’m a bit impatient as you may be able to tell).

Hi there

I don't think it's a good sign per se but your application is definitely being considered, as does everybody else's. The fees might be something they take into account before making a decision on all applications. The admissions team are hoping to make all decisions by 29th March so you won't have to wait much longer to find out. Good luck

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by Durham Students
Hi there
I don't think it's a good sign per se but your application is definitely being considered, as does everybody else's. The fees might be something they take into account before making a decision on all applications. The admissions team are hoping to make all decisions by 29th March so you won't have to wait much longer to find out. Good luck
-Himieka

Thank you for the answer :smile: I’ve just received my offer back yesterday so I’m guessing it was a good enough sign haha.
Reply 4
Original post by jjsisomalacad22
I'm speaking as another Durham applicant (home student) waiting for their response, and as far as what people are saying on here it is normal for people to be waiting for offers around this time of year March/April, so hopefully we'll get a response soon!
Yeah, it was an extremely long wait though considering I applied for the Oxbridge deadline haha. I ended up getting my offer though so it was worth the wait. Did you get an answer yet?

Can you please tell me why one Uni considered you Home vs the other International? I will be applying for Unis next year. Was not born in UK but have lived here for 7 years. Very nervous about what my fee status will be. Hence the question. Thanks in advance for your reply :smile:
Yeah, it was an extremely long wait though considering I applied for the Oxbridge deadline haha. I ended up getting my offer though so it was worth the wait. Did you get an answer yet?

Yeah ahaha i got rejected
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Can you please tell me why one Uni considered you Home vs the other International? I will be applying for Unis next year. Was not born in UK but have lived here for 7 years. Very nervous about what my fee status will be. Hence the question. Thanks in advance for your reply :smile:

All of the unis considered me as a home applicant rather than an international one. It’s just that they don’t check the kind of visa you hold up until later on in the application process so they will ask you to provide evidence of whatever type of visa you hold eventually. For me, since I am an EU national, I have settled status in the UK and so when I provided evidence of that, all of the unis changed my status from international to home.
Reply 8
Original post by jjsisomalacad22
Yeah ahaha i got rejected

oh no :frown: did you get offers from other unis?
oh no :frown: did you get offers from other unis?

Yes ahaha firmed Newcastle Uni !

Quick Reply

Latest