The Student Room Group

MPhil in The Sociology of Marginality and Exclusion at Cambridge

Has anyone studied or is studying MPhil in Sociology (The Sociology of Marginality and Exclusion) @ Cambridge? If so what's the course like? is it manageable? What's the student life like there?
Hi! I'm not currently studying this but hoping to apply for this pathway. Are you applying this year too? :smile:
Original post by elephantblue
Hi! I'm not currently studying this but hoping to apply for this pathway. Are you applying this year too? :smile:

I'm thinking about it... just trying to figure out my research question and if I actually want to go back into education...
Original post by whatizlyf
I'm thinking about it... just trying to figure out my research question and if I actually want to go back into education...

How long have you been out if it? (literally made that sound like prison lol). I graduated this year. I was reticent to get back into it at first too, but I realised if I couldn't stop thinking about it, I should probably go for it
How long have you been out if it? (literally made that sound like prison lol). I graduated this year. I was reticent to get back into it at first too, but I realised if I couldn't stop thinking about it, I should probably go for it

I only finished my course this year and I'll be graduating in December. Third year was such a difficult year, mental health-wise, so I'm not sure if I want to go through that again. But I don't know what I'm doing with my life at the moment and doing a masters seems like a productive way to spend 9 months? Have you already applied?
Original post by whatizlyf
I only finished my course this year and I'll be graduating in December. Third year was such a difficult year, mental health-wise, so I'm not sure if I want to go through that again. But I don't know what I'm doing with my life at the moment and doing a masters seems like a productive way to spend 9 months? Have you already applied?

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties this year - really hope you're doing better now? I graduated in July this year, so we're in a pretty similar position. I haven't applied yet either! Still at the writing stage for my proposal and lit review, which has taken lots longer than I expected, mainly because I'm so good at procrastinating. How are you doing?
I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties this year - really hope you're doing better now? I graduated in July this year, so we're in a pretty similar position. I haven't applied yet either! Still at the writing stage for my proposal and lit review, which has taken lots longer than I expected, mainly because I'm so good at procrastinating. How are you doing?

Thanks that's really nice of you to say /ask, I'm doing so much better now. How are you? I'm thinking of doing a continuation of my undergrad dissertation, as I really liked the topic, but I'm having trouble with formulating a research question... I'm the queen of procrastinating so I completely get it! What are you thinking of researching?
So glad to hear you are doing better! I'm doing okay thank you, just that inevitable stressed feeling of worrying about this application I think.
That sounds great - deffo do the thing you're passionate about, because ultimately, that is what matters most :smile: I am really interested in poverty, so hoping to frame my research around that 'general' area, if I can even say that! How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending