Scroll to see replies

Week 1 done.

Sumo Deadlifts - 112.5kg 2x4, 1x8
Front Squats - 45kg 4x8
Chest Supported Rows - 60kg 3x10
Leg press - 70kg 3x10
Leg Curls - 42.5kg 4x10
Ab Rollouts - 4x5 these were hard and my rom isn’t great

Good week. Happy with sumo just need more practice to really get the hang of it.

My TDEE is low which is depressing it’s like 2100 now. I end up going 100-200 over my surplus, especially because of having to eat crisps as a snack in the library (I still get my proteins and calories). Eventually my TDEE will increase as I add muscle lol. I don’t really track the oil I use for my omelettes and seasoning on chicken.
(edited 4 years ago)
Struggling to get enough sleep because of university workload which I’m hoping should be sorted in a few days.

Do you reckon 6-7hours I still enough? My proteins high I ate 170g today. And my sleep isn’t really interrupted
Original post by SuperHuman98
Struggling to get enough sleep because of university workload which I’m hoping should be sorted in a few days.

Do you reckon 6-7hours I still enough? My proteins high I ate 170g today. And my sleep isn’t really interrupted

I basically never get more than 7 - I just wake up consistently.

Guys on reddit are super strong on 5 or 6h.

Everyone is different but get as much as you can.
Haven’t been feeling great this morning, reduced appetite and not feeling great in general. Oh and I couldn’t sleep till 3am and woke up at 7 (due to stress maybe idk) But realised I need to stick to routine so I went to gym and got all my reps

Bench Press 3x3, 1x4 (AMRAP) 72.5kg

Incline bench 47.5kg 2x8,2x6 (misread spreadsheet at first)

Lat Pull down 47kg 3x10

Tricep Push downs 15kg 3x10

Facepulls 17.5kg 2x13,2x12

Bicep curls 10kg 4x8

With Bench Press got a new cue for leg drive. Drive traps into bench, lift butt up, unrack bar, slowly put butt down = big arch and leg drive. Tried this was good. On AMRAP I got cramp in the upper right lower back. Which I used to get. Guess it means I’m arching.

EDIT: NVM haven't got the hang of this cue still not using leg drive
(edited 4 years ago)
Trained at powerlifting gym today with uni club. Great session today.

Squats 90kg 3x3, 1x7. Really happy with this as I was worried about how comp plates being heavier due to better calibration.

Deficit deadlifts 4x6 87.5kg

Bulgarian Split Squats 4kg dumbbells. 2x13,2x12. But my balance is trash

Single leg dumbbell deadlifts. Better than last week but still difficult due to balance/single leg strength

Dumbbell rows 16kg 2x13,2x12 (per arm)

Really happy with how the AMRAP went
Any idea why I get pain on the top of my right tibia after squats :frown:.

It’s as if my previous problem tendonitis just migrated down words
Definitely top of tibia not knee?

One thing I've learned is that the squat is highly technical (for first world folks who don't sit in squat position daily) and moderately bespoke to the person. It could be lots of things.

Is your ankle flexibility good? Could you say touch the wall with your knee whilst your foot is a few inches away from it without raising your heel?

Is your knee and below getting in to a stable position about half way down the squat and staying locked? I find movement of my knee/shins whilst I'm descending or getting out the hole contributes to patella pain. I break triple extension (ankles, knees, hips) to start the squat, then half way down I lock the ankles and knees, and it's all hips/chest in a synchronised fashion.

You've got experience of squatting. Have you changed something?
Original post by silent ninja
Definitely top of tibia not knee?

One thing I've learned is that the squat is highly technical (for first world folks who don't sit in squat position daily) and moderately bespoke to the person. It could be lots of things.

Is your ankle flexibility good? Could you say touch the wall with your knee whilst your foot is a few inches away from it without raising your heel?

Is your knee and below getting in to a stable position about half way down the squat and staying locked? I find movement of my knee/shins whilst I'm descending or getting out the hole contributes to patella pain. I break triple extension (ankles, knees, hips) to start the squat, then half way down I lock the ankles and knees, and it's all hips/chest in a synchronised fashion.

You've got experience of squatting. Have you changed something?

Hmm I used to think I had good ankle flexibility because I find it easy to go to depth and my knees go forward a lot. And yeah I just tested it my knee can reach the wall without my hip

I used to get patellar tendon pain but I’m pretty sure this current issue is the tibia or maybe the bottom of the tendon. (My previous issue was at the top).

I definitely have had a history of too much knee travel/ not setting my knees. I’ve improved a lot but my knees still don’t really lock/set into place. I for the life of me can’t sit back as much.what helped most was squatting the way Rippetoe teaches in SS mainly the knees out, toes slightly out breaking at both hips and knees

Here’s a vid of me squatting
https://imgur.com/a/ywfHCn7
(edited 4 years ago)
Looks like you low bar squat? You do get a lot of forward lean but hard to tell if it's too much. That could be because you have long legs more than anything - I find low bar just doesn't work for me and my long legs (the lever becomes a bit ridiculous and I end up doing partial good mornings)

Your knees and lower legs don't look fully set - notice as you descend in the hole your knees keep moving forward the entire time. I'm not sure if that's the source of your problem but I know that would give me knee aches (but I have a past injury) because of the lack of solid foundation.

Hoping someone who has more experience can chime in.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yep, I agree. I just have no clue how to resolve it lol.

Original post by silent ninja
Looks like you low bar squat? You do get a lot of forward lean but hard to tell if it's too much. That could be because you have long legs more than anything - I find low bar just doesn't work for me and my long legs (the lever becomes a bit ridiculous and I end up doing partial good mornings)

Your knees and lower legs don't look fully set - notice as you descend in the hole your knees keep moving forward the entire time. I'm not sure if that's the source of your problem but I know that would give me knee aches (but I have a past injury) because of the lack of solid foundation.

Hoping someone who has more experience can chime in.
So things for me to work on in next squat:
1.) Try going wider as I apparently have long legs
2.) Don’t look down but look more ahead
3.)Go down slower
4.)Maintain as much upper back tightness as I can
Was a bit reckless today, as due to time I tried to get my workout done in 40minutes. Took about 1 hour which is amazingly fast for my standards. But my T3s suffered a lot due to trying to superset with only 30seconds rest lol. No worries as we move on and tomorrow I'm gonna be free all day.

Overhead Press 35kg 3x3,1x7
Paused Bench 5x3 57.5kg
Machine Chest flys as Calbes were busy 57.5kg 3x7
Lateral Raises 4kg 3x8
Tricep Extensions 2x8 13kg
Facepulls 2x8 17kg

Not sure if that's the right reps as T3s today were quite hectic, I was in a rush and super setting.
It's only T3s who cares.

T3 supposed to be 30 to 60 sec rest anyway
26th Nov: W2D4

Sumo Deadlift 120kg 3x3,1x5
Front Squats 50kg 4x6
Machine Rows 4x8 65kg
Hamstring Curls 45kg 4x8

Pain from Saturday on my tibia or patellar tendinitis gave me some issues, pushed it for front squats. Decided not to do leg press and abrolls.

Got a lot of work to do in terms of sumo technique

Looking forward to heavy lifting in the next few weeks
(edited 4 years ago)
GZCL W3D1:

Bench Press 77.5kg 4x2, 1x4

Incline Bench 52.5kg 5x5

Lat Pulldowns 57kg 3x6

Tricep Push downs 20kg 1x7,1x5,1x4

Facepulls 20kg 2x13,2x12

Hammer curls 10kg 2x10,2x8

Overall good session. Still a LONG WAY away from where I want my bench technique to be. I have 0 leg drive atm just need to find a set up that works for me.

Bench technique checklist:
1.) Sort out right set up for me to get leg drive and a good arch. I do the butt up but when my butt goes down slowly I end up losing my leg drive. I’ll experiment on my pause bench in a few days and see other set ups that work

2.) Get used to new bar path. Chest towards face. Not straight up and down

Feeling good :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
GZCL W3D2:

Squats 95kg, 4x2, 1x5
deficit deadlift 1” 92.5kg 5x5
Bulgarian Split Squat 6kg dumbbells 4x13
1 leg deadlift 2.5kg 4x5
DB Rows 18kg 4x8
Hanging knee raises 4x5

Focused on going down slower and looking ahead rather than down. My squat now looks 100x better
GZCL W3D3:

OHP 37.5kg 4x2, 1x5
Pause bench 60kg 5x2
Cables chest flys 7.5kg 3x10
Tricep extensions 13.5kg 3x10
Facepulls 21kg 2x13,1x8,1x9
Lateral raisss 6kg 4x8

Did the T3s with 30seconds rest

Good session disappointed I couldn’t get a rep pr on OHP. Still haven’t found right set up for bench
(edited 4 years ago)
1.2kg weight gain over the last month
Good session. Just feel like I got loads of work left on sumo deadlift technique. Might be better if I change conv deficits T2 for something sumo next cycle. Might have an issue locking out now but early too tell my weakness on sumos.

Sumo Deadlift 127.5kg 4x2, 1x4

Front squats 55kg 5x5

Chest supported rows 67.5kg 3x10

Hamstring curls 45kg

also got an accidental Double Overhand PR as I somehow forgot to do a rep without hookgrip

Couldn’t do leg press today because patellar tendinitis on 1 leg
First day of testing week went pretty well. Because I got 2 singles and 3 on AMRAP single I increase my TM by 5kg. Bench form still needs work but my form on my 2nd single felt pretty good as I felt really strong on that one and even did a slight pause at the bottom lol

GZCL W4D1

Bench Press
1x3 72.5kg
1x2 77.5kg
1x1 82.5kg
1x1 82.5kg
1x3 82.5kg

Incline Bench 57.5kg 3x5,1x7
Lat Pull down 57.5kg 3x6
Tricep push down 17.5kg 3x8
Facepulls17,5kg 50 reps total over 4 sets
Bicep curls 8kg 4x10

EDIT: Also my weakness on bench seems to be at the middle of the ascent as I look pretty strong off the chest on TnG, but then grind abit at the last rep around the middle. For now not making a change to my T2/T3
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest