The Student Room Group

Distance Learning

I started a degree with Arden University doing distant learning but ive found it very lonely, how can i meet new people, is there any online study groups?
Original post by NatAmy
I started a degree with Arden University doing distant learning but ive found it very lonely, how can i meet new people, is there any online study groups?
@NatAmy
Hi Nat, I studied at Arden and I had a great time. What subject are you studying? When I did my MSc there was an opportunity to work on a project with other students quite early on (although I believe some Universities slimmed this down during the Covid pandemic due to social distancing concerns). I talked to other learners in the online lectures, and made friends via comments on the lecture videos and we started talking outside of sessions. One of my tutors, I think it was Holly (?), had a space where learners could chat and share things on her part of the VLE (virtual learning environment), it was really influential on my teaching and I now do something similar. Perhaps recommend this in the end of unit feedback?

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending