The Student Room Group

Has anyone used Oxbridge home learning?

I might do some online A levels and I was thinking of using Oxbridge home learning, does anyone have any experience with this company and if so would you recommend it?
Original post by Rosiemai123
I might do some online A levels and I was thinking of using Oxbridge home learning, does anyone have any experience with this company and if so would you recommend it?

I'm currently with them doing a psychology A level and honestly, it would be better to just see what topics you would be learning and then buy the textbook on Amazon because that is all they give you. They give you zero support and the tutors take forever to respond to emails that you send them to, the tutor I am placed with is rude and snarky towards me in his emails and assignment feedback which makes me feel discouraged.
Reply 2
Original post by emilyalicerose
I'm currently with them doing a psychology A level and honestly, it would be better to just see what topics you would be learning and then buy the textbook on Amazon because that is all they give you. They give you zero support and the tutors take forever to respond to emails that you send them to, the tutor I am placed with is rude and snarky towards me in his emails and assignment feedback which makes me feel discouraged.

Oh that's a shame, I guess you wouldn't know if it's just him or everyone working there who's like that? Thank you for taking the time to reply. :smile:

I was outside of London for multiple months so i had no choice but to enrol to an online college when the school year started im doing 3 a levels and icl , its deffo not worth the money at all . the tutors take so long to respond and they aren’t that nice either overall the customer service isn’t the best . The materials are ok but textbooks are much better also many topics for bio a level are missing from them . I don’t have money to buy a private tutor cause they are so expensive so honestly i don’t know what I’ll do for my a levels lol .
Reply 4
Original post by Jsjskscjosjejs
I was outside of London for multiple months so i had no choice but to enrol to an online college when the school year started im doing 3 a levels and icl , its deffo not worth the money at all . the tutors take so long to respond and they aren’t that nice either overall the customer service isn’t the best . The materials are ok but textbooks are much better also many topics for bio a level are missing from them . I don’t have money to buy a private tutor cause they are so expensive so honestly i don’t know what I’ll do for my a levels lol .

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're having that experience, I went with Oxbridge to start with but they were rubbish so I canceled the course and went with National Extension College, they are more expensive than other providers but I think it's worth it. My tutor is really nice and she doesn't take very long to reply (I'm doing geography right now and hoping to add in maybe a history one too.) I hope you manage to work something out. :smile:

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're having that experience, I went with Oxbridge to start with but they were rubbish so I canceled the course and went with National Extension College, they are more expensive than other providers but I think it's worth it. My tutor is really nice and she doesn't take very long to reply (I'm doing geography right now and hoping to add in maybe a history one too.) I hope you manage to work something out. :smile:

Isn’t it they are acc rubbish I should’ve done what u done and cancelled but oh well , I’m glad your finding your new one really good that’s lovely to hear . But yeah I might switch to a traditional sixthform but idk cause it’s mid year already and mocks in normal schools are happening like idk what imma do
Reply 6
Isn’t it they are acc rubbish I should’ve done what u done and cancelled but oh well , I’m glad your finding your new one really good that’s lovely to hear . But yeah I might switch to a traditional sixthform but idk cause it’s mid year already and mocks in normal schools are happening like idk what imma do

I know, it is really difficult to know what to do. If you do decide to do online a levels I recommend the National Extension College, good luck with deciding I hope it all works out for you.

I know, it is really difficult to know what to do. If you do decide to do online a levels I recommend the National Extension College, good luck with deciding I hope it all works out for you.

Yeh I heard that it’s really good thanks for your recommendation ofc I wanna carry on doing online but I’m not in the financial situation to buy an online course , and I can’t get a refund for Oxbridge
Reply 8
Yeh I heard that it’s really good thanks for your recommendation ofc I wanna carry on doing online but I’m not in the financial situation to buy an online course , and I can’t get a refund for Oxbridge

That's such a shame, I think they just count on people giving up on their course and not getting a refund, they're definitely not a very professional provider. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending