The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did have this. It didn't bother me at all.
Reply 2
I had this and yes it did bother me!
Reply 3
No, why would it?
depends if i needed the last subject!
in year 12 2 of my closest friends were only doing 3 subjects so they had lots of spare time, this prob did bother me a tad!
in yr 13 you get so many frees anyway it doesnt matter!
one of my friends is only doing 2 subjects though so she had loads of frees!
it wouldn't bother me i think
Reply 6
In september I start 5 AS levels and everyone I know Is doing 4, no idea how I will feel.

*cough* SUPERIOR *cough* :p:
I was doing this last year.. was slightly annoying but no biggie, and hopefully it'll have been worth it :]
:no: It will be worth it in the end.
I do IB, so similar position with my A level mates.

Sometimes I wish I had some down time etc, but to be honest at least I'm not wasting my time - it's satisfying to feel that I'm actually learning as opposed to dossing around in the library half the day (as the A levellers do during their ridiculous number of frees)...
Fran Katzenjammer
If you were doing one more A level than all your friends, and if you had less frees and more work compared to them?

I did 5 A2s and most of my friends did 4; it didn't bother me. :smile:
Reply 11
I had this so I had no free-periods with anyone and so I didn't see my friends at all in school (we all go home at lunch break at 1.05pm). It didn't bother me too much though. If I'm in school I may as well be doing work.
Reply 12
figureeight
I did have this. It didn't bother me at all.

:ditto:
Reply 13
Didn't really bother me at all. Apart from when they got to sit out in the sun, whilst I sat in physics:|
alex_hk90
I did 5 A2s and most of my friends did 4; it didn't bother me. :smile:

All my friends are doing 3, and I'm thinking of doing 4. xD
Fran Katzenjammer
All my friends are doing 3, and I'm thinking of doing 4. xD

It should be OK, sometimes it was slightly annoying that they had more frees but you get used to it in the end.
On the other hand, why do you need that extra A level? Most universities won't even look at it really to be honest.
It didn't really bother me to be honest, as it was a lesson that I wanted to do (Photography lol)
Reply 18
I'll have that, but I don't think it'll bother me. I enjoy working anyway :biggrin:
SexyPeng
I had this and yes it did bother me!

:ditto:

I spent about a month loathing those smug bastards that I call my mates.

Latest