The Student Room Group

What universities should I apply for computer science?

Hi. I am international student and want to major in Computer science. I googled university ranking for computer science but every website shows different ranking. Considering quality of education and reputation, I would like to ask what school I should apply to. Can u plz name 6 ?
Ps. Except for Imperial college London, oxford, Cambridge.

Thank u so much.
Original post by Fgvhvjbi
Hi. I am international student and want to major in Computer science. I googled university ranking for computer science but every website shows different ranking. Considering quality of education and reputation, I would like to ask what school I should apply to. Can u plz name 6 ?
Ps. Except for Imperial college London, oxford, Cambridge.

Thank u so much.

Hi :smile:

It's fantastic that you already have an idea of what you want to study at university! There are lots of universities throughout the UK that offer Computer Science degrees (as you have already seen) and each university will offer its own benefits for studying there, depending on what you want to get out of the course. In terms of university rankings, each league table will place universities in different places, which is why you have been seeing some conflicting information.

You may be interested in taking a look at the Computer Science degrees which Liverpool Hope have to offer. We currently advertise Computer Science (BSC) and Computer Science (with a year in industry) (BSC). The information for both of these can be found on our website. If you are interested in gaining some work experience, the 'year in industry' option could be something you might be interested in. Liverpool Hope has also been awarded TEF Gold status for teaching excellence, and our Computer Science is one of the top ten in the country, according to the Guardian University League Tables 2020.

I would advise that, when looking at possible universities, the type of university can be just as important as where the university ranks. One thing to consider is which type of university you would prefer. Liverpool Hope is a campus based university, based outside the city centre - which is perfect if you prefer a slower pace of life. However, you may prefer a city based university, which offers its own separate benefits.

I hope this is useful. Feel free to get in touch if you want any more information.

Melissa :bigsmile:
Edinburgh, the rest
Crainfield
Brighton
I've made a chart that perfectly fits your needs :biggrin: It doesn't include London Uni's.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6607088

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending