The Student Room Group

revision help

I need to revise and i know that, but i cannot seem to get myself motivated to actually do it, even though I WANT to do well and achieve a minimum of a grade 7 in each subject.

help?!?!?!?!!?
Original post by kwqhdqwd
I need to revise and i know that, but i cannot seem to get myself motivated to actually do it, even though I WANT to do well and achieve a minimum of a grade 7 in each subject.

help?!?!?!?!!?

Well i understand what you want. One thing that might help is not being on this site and actually doing some revising form your notes.

help?!?!?!?!!?

Hi there @kwqhdqwd

Concentrate on why you need to pass your exams, short and long term goals. Short term, if you pass and do well, you won't need to resit your exams. Longer term, it will lead to the university/career of your choice.

Sometimes it can be really hard to get started, and it can feel overwhelming. Try breaking your revision down to smaller, manageable chunks and revise in shorter periods of 40 mins with 20 mins break. This way you can ensure you feel feel fresh at each session and be able to retain more information.

Fi :horse:
Reply 3
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there @kwqhdqwd

Concentrate on why you need to pass your exams, short and long term goals. Short term, if you pass and do well, you won't need to resit your exams. Longer term, it will lead to the university/career of your choice.

Sometimes it can be really hard to get started, and it can feel overwhelming. Try breaking your revision down to smaller, manageable chunks and revise in shorter periods of 40 mins with 20 mins break. This way you can ensure you feel feel fresh at each session and be able to retain more information.

Fi :horse:

hi, thank you.
I've been trying this. However, when I do revise I feel like i'm not actually taking in the information because when I try application questions i completely forget what I know.
hi, thank you.
I've been trying this. However, when I do revise I feel like i'm not actually taking in the information because when I try application questions i completely forget what I know.

Hi @kwqhdqwd

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do when you revise? I ask this as it could be that you are revising in a way that doesn't benefit your learning style. You should ask yourself do you learn best by Visual, audio, kinesthetic or reading and writing learner. If you are unsure there are plenty of quizzes/guides online that can help you identify what learner you are. You may be more than one but at least then you'll know. You can then tailor your learning style which may help you apply what you have revised.

For example, I am a auditory learner so during my degree I would talk out-loud when writing essays or revising through text books as it helped me to capture the information in my head. I may have looked weird from the outside but it got me results. :aetsch:

Hope this helps. If you need any more help please ask.
Dom :h:
Reply 5
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi @kwqhdqwd

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do when you revise? I ask this as it could be that you are revising in a way that doesn't benefit your learning style. You should ask yourself do you learn best by Visual, audio, kinesthetic or reading and writing learner. If you are unsure there are plenty of quizzes/guides online that can help you identify what learner you are. You may be more than one but at least then you'll know. You can then tailor your learning style which may help you apply what you have revised.

For example, I am a auditory learner so during my degree I would talk out-loud when writing essays or revising through text books as it helped me to capture the information in my head. I may have looked weird from the outside but it got me results. :aetsch:

Hope this helps. If you need any more help please ask.
Dom :h:

Thank you, this is very helpful information. Usually, I read over my notes and ask my family to quiz me. I guess this isn't much help for me.:smile: I will look online for a guide.
Find a revision technique that's suits you. I know that I can't learn well through memory cards but if I make mind maps with lots of colour coding or diagrams I can actually remember each section.

Maybe try different techniques and see which ones 1) help you to remember the most or 2) are 'fun' enough to help you remember that aren't also very overloading with information.

Good luck 🤞
Thank you, this is very helpful information. Usually, I read over my notes and ask my family to quiz me. I guess this isn't much help for me.:smile: I will look online for a guide.

You are more than welcome!

Any other questions feel free to ask us

:smile:

help?!?!?!?!!?

Prepare a timetable for 2 hours of revision per day . 2hours should be manageable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending