The Student Room Group

Deleting social media for a levels

Hi guys
I’m in year 13, and I want to go up about a grade in all my subjects. I have screen time on my phone and it turns out I use about 6 and a half hours A DAY on my phone, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Do you think I should delete social media? Will I even be able to do it?
Thanks for the help
The thing is, I know people have deleted social media before exams (or just logged out etc), but I'm not sure if it helped them very much. The main issue here isn't the social media itself, but the time spent on the social media- so maybe put a timer thing on your phone that means you can't use use specific apps for let's say, more than 30 minutes per day.
And that way, you can still take small breaks throughout the day whilst still focusing on revision.
Also, I think it's worth mentioning that (for me at least- I'm in yr 13 too btw :smile:) sometimes social media can be helpful for revision, eg if you have a group chat with your classes.
Hope this helped and sorry if it was really poor advice!
Good luck with your exams!
I would perhaps try using social media as a reward after studying for a while but that's only really if you know you are able to control yourself. I guess the more time you are doing other things, the less you will be on your phone.

If you do delete all social media, I feel like you might get a bit too bored and just end up redownloading apps again lol but it's really up to your own self control. I don't think you will be studying 24/7 a day so maybe deleting it would make your life as whole a bit less interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending