The Student Room Group

giving up tiktok

a question for anyone who has given it up, did you have any fomo and how long did it take to get over it?? i don’t really plan on deleting it but i’ve restricted my use of it so i’ll see how that goes, just curious really for people who have totally given it up since i know a few who have and they say they never had any fomo to begin with.
I deleted it (2 years ago) because it was distracting me from A level revision and decided I didn’t really miss it so I just didn’t re-download it. I still end up seeing most of the trends recycled on Instagram after a few months but I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything from not having it. If you’re school age you would potentially feel more left out from not having it though. There isn’t really harm in using social media as long as it doesn’t consume your whole life/negatively affect your mental health
Reply 2
Original post by ghanoot.n
a question for anyone who has given it up, did you have any fomo and how long did it take to get over it?? i don’t really plan on deleting it but i’ve restricted my use of it so i’ll see how that goes, just curious really for people who have totally given it up since i know a few who have and they say they never had any fomo to begin with.

There is nothing on TikTok that should give you FOMO. It is the ultimate brain fodder of the lowest form. For example, can you describe to me the last 10 reels you watched? Not the 10 that you remembered. Literally the last 10? No. Me neither. Get rid of TikTok and open a book. I find myself literally turning to mush when using the likes of TikTok. It is horrendous.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by hotpud

There is nothing on TikTok that should give you FOMO. It is the ultimate brain fodder of the lowest form. For example, can you describe to me the last 10 reels you watched? Not the 10 that you remembered. Literally the last 10? No. Me neither. Get rid of TikTok and open a book. I find myself literally turning to mush when using the likes of TikTok. It is horrendous.

Good luck!

fair point but i read quote often and let me be honest i could not tell you the last ten books i read. the last ten i remember, sure but not the last ten i read
Reply 4
Original post by ghanoot.n
fair point but i read quote often and let me be honest i could not tell you the last ten books i read. the last ten i remember, sure but not the last ten i read

No, but I bet you could tell me what happened in them. And if you can't you need to slow down in life and enjoy your reading. :-)
Reply 5
Original post by hotpud

No, but I bet you could tell me what happened in them. And if you can't you need to slow down in life and enjoy your reading. :-)

fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending