The Student Room Group

I hit my brother so hard (:

I am Samuel, 23 years old. My brother and I are staying in a rental house, and I've been managing everything. I bought a PC system to learn some skills to earn money for my younger brother. However, for the past three months, he has simply been watching movies and using social media, wasting time instead of doing anything productive for his life. When I told him to learn something, his response was very rude. After observing him for some days, I finally reached a breaking point. One day, in frustration, I slapped him and told him to learn something that could help him in the future. As he cried, I felt terrible for resorting to violence, but I couldn't bear to see him wasting his potential.
Achieve much, did it?
There's no excuse for being an abusive bully. Do better.
Reply 3
Who do you think you are? His dad? LMAO. Get a grip and start acting like an emotionally mature adult.
Original post by Samuel nayak
I am Samuel, 23 years old. My brother and I are staying in a rental house, and I've been managing everything. I bought a PC system to learn some skills to earn money for my younger brother. However, for the past three months, he has simply been watching movies and using social media, wasting time instead of doing anything productive for his life. When I told him to learn something, his response was very rude. After observing him for some days, I finally reached a breaking point. One day, in frustration, I slapped him and told him to learn something that could help him in the future. As he cried, I felt terrible for resorting to violence, but I couldn't bear to see him wasting his potential.
It sounds like your the problem here. Your brother was addicted to social media, become grumpy and moody so you decided to hit him? If you were observing him for a couple of days, why couldn't you just delete some applications, create some restrictions or took the computer away all together?
everyone flaming you but i see your perspective. if your parents never hit you growing up (lucky) then its easy to think you are abusive. but being taught that hitting=discipline will only make you behave like this (if this isnt the case then sorry for assuming)
im not gonna lie if i had a younger sibling like this i would have prolly done the same thing, cuz this is kind of what happened to me except verbally, now i am acing at my grades. however there are definitely better ways to go about this. social media is definitely the devil when it comes to studying, everyone i know who has chances at oxbridge has little to no social media presence unless they are rich or something (idk how wealth correlates it just does)
you need to somehow get him off it without resorting to violence, otherwise he will just have mental health issues on top of social media addictions
i dont know how u will go about it but this is something only you can solve and figure out how, you are his sibling, you know him best

edit: my bad i thought u were having issues cuz i thought the smiley face was a sad one lol nevermind, but u should still find better ways to solve his addictions, if u do it with violence he will just become sneaky and a liar
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Samuel nayak

Brother. Violence is never the answer. Goa pologize to him and just sit with him privately and talk to him about his future okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending