The Student Room Group

Cambridge Accomodation over Summer

I've got a nuffield bursary to do a project at Cavendish for four weeks over the summer. Trouble is that i live in London, hence i will need somewhere to stay over the weekdays before coming back on fridays for the weekend. I've contacted nuffield about this and they say i have to find my own accommodation. I contacted various colleges: St John's, Trinity, Gonville, Jesus and Churchill. The best offer i've received is £17.00 a day from churchill, but this will take up all of my bursary money. Is there anywhere where i could find cheaper accommodation????
Reply 1
Dravidian
Is there anywhere where i could find cheaper accommodation????
Try asking other colleges? Robinson has some empty rooms over the summer. They might take you (but they might not). Same for lots of other colleges you haven't tried, I imagine. Otherwise perhaps you'll just have to not eat :frown:
Reply 2
Dravidian
I've got a nuffield bursary to do a project at Cavendish for four weeks over the summer. Trouble is that i live in London, hence i will need somewhere to stay over the weekdays before coming back on fridays for the weekend. I've contacted nuffield about this and they say i have to find my own accommodation. I contacted various colleges: St John's, Trinity, Gonville, Jesus and Churchill. The best offer i've received is £17.00 a day from churchill, but this will take up all of my bursary money. Is there anywhere where i could find cheaper accommodation????

Okay, with the exception of Churchill, they are all incredibly old colleges who don't really need your money, so are bound to be expensive. Look at places like Fitz, Girton, Homerton, New Hall, they could offer cheaper rates. Or try the grad colleges.
Reply 3
17.00 a day is actually not too bad. There's a youth hostel nearby somewhere that offers <16.00. I'm living in Churchill over summer for 77.00/week although I'm a member of the college and already pay extortionate college fees.

Latest

Trending

Trending