The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE

How much do LSE look at GCSE grades for their highly competitive courses? Do you think 9888877776 is good enough to apply with?
Original post by hahaaddie
How much do LSE look at GCSE grades for their highly competitive courses? Do you think 9888877776 is good enough to apply with?

Yes, that's good enough. Go for it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by emilyalexandria
Yes, that's good enough. Go for it.

Do you have any tips. I’m so conflicted on whether to apply to LSE or KCL purely based on my gcse grades. So many of my friends got rejected
Do you have any tips. I’m so conflicted on whether to apply to LSE or KCL purely based on my gcse grades. So many of my friends got rejected

Those GCSEs aren't bad by any measure. LSE is one of the most competitive universities in the country, and is also one of the most applied to. It's very common for people to be rejected. This doesn't mean that you need all 9s to be successful, or that you need 4 A*s at A level. You can definitely make a competitive application with those grades. Even if you are rejected, you have four other applications to fall back on.
Reply 4

those are much better than mine im applying to lse with gcses at 997776644 I'm scared they might reject me for my gcses
Reply 5
Original post by hi12345679
those are much better than mine im applying to lse with gcses at 997776644 I'm scared they might reject me for my gcses

i think it mostly depends on how competitive your course is, how good your personal statement is and your predicted grades. My course is hella competitive so i know i might struggle. Im trying to stay positive and focus on my personal statement. What are you applying for?
Reply 6
i think it mostly depends on how competitive your course is, how good your personal statement is and your predicted grades. My course is hella competitive so i know i might struggle. Im trying to stay positive and focus on my personal statement. What are you applying for?

philosophy logic and scientific methods or politics + philosophy. You? Honestly same im trying to convince myself I'm gonna get in but my gcses are terrible and so are my subject choices since i do philosophy econ and business, and Lse don't like business and don't like business and econ together, so I'm definetely stressed
Reply 7
Original post by hi12345679
philosophy logic and scientific methods or politics + philosophy. You? Honestly same im trying to convince myself I'm gonna get in but my gcses are terrible and so are my subject choices since i do philosophy econ and business, and Lse don't like business and don't like business and econ together, so I'm definetely stressed

im doing politics and ir. its very competitive and im so scared haha. people keep saying they focus too much on grades which is so worrying but i really hope you get an offer. good luck!
Reply 8
im doing politics and ir. its very competitive and im so scared haha. people keep saying they focus too much on grades which is so worrying but i really hope you get an offer. good luck!

Thats why I’m trying to get the best possible grades for predicted ucas. I don’t think they will predict me 3 A*s, but if they predict me 2 I’ll be content cos at least I have a chance then. Hope you get an offer too and honestly just keep working on your ps till u literally cant say its bad😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending