The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 1
Yea its fine, well for Cambridge Halls anyway. You just get them to sign in and out, I never even did that and it was grand. btw, does ur mum work in First Trust? lol
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I was in Wilmslow Park through MMU and I think the rules were that someone could stay 2 nights in any 14 day period, and they had to be signed in. Can't remember if there was a limit on how many people you could have though.
Reply 3
In Cambridge Halls the rules were that someone could stay 2 nights out of 14, and they had to be signed in and out every time they came in and out of the gate.

I never did it the whole year I lived there, they didn't bat an eyelid. Which is quite a bad thing I guess cus anyone can walk in and out!
Reply 4
Yea same. Although the security in Wilmslow was pretty tight, I did see some people in groups getting stopped but I had my 12 year old brother stay with me for a weekend and he wandered in and out and no one stopped him despite the fact he is obviously 12...
Reply 5
hey ben...yep she does!!ha!
ur mum woz teln my mum dt ur goin bk n septem 2 cambrigde hals...so i myt c u roun!...iv aplied 2 daisy bank.seriously dont ava clu tho bou wa hals i shuda chose r wa 1s r gud bt sur fek it i dont care...!aslong as ur frndly + up 4 a laf im sure no1 wil h8 me!um wit a bita luk newys!

u no melisa...used ta c u ot n skea n d corner bar YEARS ago!wel i tink unles u ava twin r sumit?!?
Reply 6
tanx sooo muc 4 gtn bk 2 me guys...dts gr8 cus im shytn d hole madnes of evrything!...i av 2 get ppl ova + av parties so dey can meet cool manchester ppls!:smile:
*anne*
tanx sooo muc 4 gtn bk 2 me guys...dts gr8 cus im shytn d hole madnes of evrything!...i av 2 get ppl ova + av parties so dey can meet cool manchester ppls!:smile:

What i've been told about Daisy Bank (I'm assuming that's where you're living at) is that you have to be careful as people have been asked to 'cut-down' on how much company they have staying by management.

Officially you're only allowed people over 2 nights in every 14 and the maximum allowance is 2 people.
Reply 8
ooo ryt ok!hmmm....wel d acom ofice hasnt got back 2 me yet so i duno if thats wer il b going but im hopin 2 head there as it aint far from the eliz gaskel campus!(wer my course is)

so wait, im confuzled... does '2nites out of 14' mean that a person cant stay 2nites in a row??

**sorry
Reply 9
*anne*
hey ben...yep she does!!ha!
ur mum woz teln my mum dt ur goin bk n septem 2 cambrigde hals...so i myt c u roun!...iv aplied 2 daisy bank.seriously dont ava clu tho bou wa hals i shuda chose r wa 1s r gud bt sur fek it i dont care...!aslong as ur frndly + up 4 a laf im sure no1 wil h8 me!um wit a bita luk newys!

u no melisa...used ta c u ot n skea n d corner bar YEARS ago!wel i tink unles u ava twin r sumit?!?

What did you get warned for?? lol
*anne*
ooo ryt ok!hmmm....wel d acom ofice hasnt got back 2 me yet so i duno if thats wer il b going but im hopin 2 head there as it aint far from the eliz gaskel campus!(wer my course is)

so wait, im confuzled... does '2nites out of 14' mean that a person cant stay 2nites in a row??

**sorry

No, it means two nights in every fortnight you're allowed staying visitors and they are classed as visitors from 10pm onwards and yes they can stay two consecutive nights.
I dunno what its like in MMU halls, but I had a friend at Nottingham Trent and most of the time I just didn't bother signing in, and I stayed as long as I felt. It's not like they knew that I didn't live there when I walked in through the gate with my friend. Maybe the halls at MMU are set up differently, but just do whatever, make sure your friends aren't ******s and set fire extinguishers off or anything, and I'm sure it'll be fine.
Oh look, word filter.
olliemilne
I dunno what its like in MMU halls, but I had a friend at Nottingham Trent and most of the time I just didn't bother signing in, and I stayed as long as I felt. It's not like they knew that I didn't live there when I walked in through the gate with my friend. Maybe the halls at MMU are set up differently, but just do whatever, make sure your friends aren't ******s and set fire extinguishers off or anything, and I'm sure it'll be fine.
Oh look, word filter.

Halls in man met are genuinely quite laidback, just get on with the wardens and security. My boyfriend visisted every day (he was in halls just down the road) and him and one of the security wardens I had smoked together lol.
Reply 13
Cambridge was my first choice but got into daisy bank. I would have liked to get somewhere closer to my campus (All Saints) but I wasn't able to apply for accommodation until really late cause my course was changing its course code. Awell, everything always happens for a reason. Hope Daisy Bank will be worth the journey every morning. It'll prob turn out to be better than my other choices would have.
I only chose Cambridge because its on my campus and therefore could just roll out of bed, but I've since been told that even if there was a lecture in my kitchen, I'd still manage to be late for it. I was then told that Cambridge is supposed to be "where the party is at" so I was happy I got in there, but to be honest I wouldn't have minded anywhere else really, as long as I have a bed to sleep in and stuff its all good really isn't it.

Also, it sucks that you had to wait to apply because they changed the course code, that doesn't seem very fair on the students.
Reply 15
benallen
What did you get warned for?? lol

They ie. 'The Student Room' have warned me 3TIMES about using text speak...its sooo dam difficult not to use it!!!
Don't use text-speak, it's against forum rules and a pain to read.

il be banned yet!!!:laughing:

have u heard any word form the accomodation office yet about whether you got in or not cause i aint heard anything yet!so im kind of worried!
slightly freaking the bit out...!eeks!

Latest

Trending

Trending