The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it's camcors.cam.ac.uk, but you need to be sent a password for it (which you will then need to change) before you can access them. I'm dreading mine, especially neuro.
Reply 2
What kinds of things do they say in them and when do we get them? I have none on that site :frown:
Reply 3
fishpaste
What kinds of things do they say in them and when do we get them? I have none on that site :frown:

They get submitted and then your DoS has to approve them before you can read them. My DoS likes to talk about them in person before releasing them, terribly uncomputery really!

It tallies the amount of supervisions you've had and missed for purposes of paying the supervisor and provides fields:Industry, Progress, Interest, Predicted class and Comments.

In my reports they're nearly always saying that Industry is good, progress is good, interest is 'interested' and the class is 2.i/1. The comments are mostly along the lines of "Alaric is very interested in this course and understands it well.". This is pretty much the same for everyone unless you do something extraordinarily good or bad in which case they say something more.

Don't really expect anything personalised, many supervisors just seem to cut and paste.

A.
Reply 4
I lost my password.
Reply 5
At Oxford you have to get dressed up int sub-fusc at the end of each term and you have "rector's/provost's/master's/principal's/warden's collections" where you go to see the provost with your tutors present and your report is read out. Scary!
Reply 6
ahhh you see, Cambridge is so much more forward thinking
Reply 7
slinec
At Oxford you have to get dressed up int sub-fusc at the end of each term and you have "rector's/provost's/master's/principal's/warden's collections" where you go to see the provost with your tutors present and your report is read out. Scary!

You have to wear sub fusc?! We just have to put our gowns on over normal clothes. Oh, and you missed "president's collections" off the list!
Reply 8
slinec

it's actually "smart-casual", which generally means a suit.
Reply 9
I'm very curious to find out what class I get predicted. In the actual supervisions I tend to get alot of comments such as "You don't seem to understand the basic concepts entirely." and "WHY WOULD YOU SAY YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT I JUST DID WHEN YOU CLEARLY DON'T?" But I never get any indication of how well I'm actually answering questions.
Reply 10
i am ready for bad reports....i know i screwed up this term, i screwed up bad.....hopefully i will get myself sorted for next term!

and i havent got a password :frown:
Reply 11
Well, I've got a password (from last year) but my reports aren't up yet, so I wouldn't get stressed about it yet - sometimes they don't even write them till after the end of term. If no-one in your college has them, I doubt there's something wrong with yours.
Reply 12
Bezza
You have to wear sub fusc?! We just have to put our gowns on over normal clothes. Oh, and you missed "president's collections" off the list!

definitely weird to have to wear subfusc for end of term collections!! what college is that?!!? I've never heard of that...I thought subfusc was a matriculation and exams thing only!
Reply 13
grey faerie
definitely weird to have to wear subfusc for end of term collections!! what college is that?!!? I've never heard of that...I thought subfusc was a matriculation and exams thing only!

I could be wrong, I just assumed we had to when we met anyone in a position of authority. I'll find out for certain soon enough.
Reply 14
grey faerie

You're not going to wear it to graduation then? :tongue:
Reply 15
:eek: Are they for every supervision??
That's worrying, for at least two supervisions I've either been too ill or too tired to contribute pretty much anything of relevance! (Those would be the 8:45am ones!) Essay comments usually seem positive but often have further points I could have included!
Our DoS has said nearly everyone gets predicted a 2/1, simply because that's what most people get...
slinec
I could be wrong, I just assumed we had to when we met anyone in a position of authority. I'll find out for certain soon enough.

You are wrong. Sub-fusc is for exams, matic and graduation, plus other very, very, very special occassions. End of term collection normally require you to wear a suit, plus gown, in some instances.
Reply 17
Katie J
:eek: Are they for every supervision??
That's worrying, for at least two supervisions I've either been too ill or too tired to contribute pretty much anything of relevance! (Those would be the 8:45am ones!) Essay comments usually seem positive but often have further points I could have included!
Our DoS has said nearly everyone gets predicted a 2/1, simply because that's what most people get...

NOO! How would they have time for that! It's usually just one or two lines about how you've done all term.
Reply 18
blissy
NOO! How would they have time for that! It's usually just one or two lines about how you've done all term.

:smile: That's considerably less worrying! Thanks!
Reply 19
:s-smilie: predicted a 2:2

Latest

Trending

Trending