The Student Room Group

Bank of England Graduate Development Programme 2020/201

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen any discussion on this year's graduate scheme, so decided to create one.

I just finished my online tests, and immediately got an email saying that I had passed, along with an invitation for the video interview. I found this odd since last year I had to wait a week or so before receiving my results, so I was wondering if now everyone is automatically invited for the video interview?

In any case, has anyone done the video interview? Any tips?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pu2020
Hi everyone,

I haven't seen any discussion on this year's graduate scheme, so decided to create one.

I just finished my online tests, and immediately got an email saying that I had passed, along with an invitation for the video interview. I found this odd since last year I had to wait a week or so before receiving my results, so I was wondering if now everyone is automatically invited for the video interview?

In any case, has anyone done the video interview? Any tips?

Good luck to everyone applying

Hi!
Well done on getting through! I’m sending off my app tomorrow, just need to complete the questions in the app. I’m surprised there aren’t any other threads on this lmao

How did you find the assessments if you don’t mind me asking?

Good luck for the VI! I’ve done a few previously for other companies and the best thing I can say is just keep calm and relaxed and keep an eye on the timer as you wouldn’t want to get cut short x
Hey, I've been invited to do the online assessments. Any tips or advice on being successful in this? Also, which stream did you apply for the graduate development programme? :smile:
Reply 3
Don’t worry too much, I thought the online assessments were fairly easy, just make sure to do the practice questions. Has anyone had the video interview?
Reply 4
Also, I applied to the Economist scheme, what about you guys?
Reply 5
Hey, does anyone know how many questions in online assessment?
Original post by pu2020

Cool! I applied for the Risk streak. Has BoE got back to regarding your assessments? If so, how long did it take? Just did my assessments a couple of days ago.
Original post by pu2020

I've applied to the operations scheme. Good luck on your VI
Reply 8
Original post by aimanlokman
Cool! I applied for the Risk streak. Has BoE got back to regarding your assessments? If so, how long did it take? Just did my assessments a couple of days ago.

I got an invitation for the VI straight after the online assessments, but last year I had to wait a few days
Reply 9
Original post by L.L.yagami
I've applied to the operations scheme. Good luck on your VI

I’ve also applied to operations! Have you heard anything after VI? I submitted it ages ago
Reply 10
Original post by k8trees
I’ve also applied to operations! Have you heard anything after VI? I submitted it ages ago

Hi, I've emailed the Bank of England @ Penna and they told me we should expect news around mid-December
Reply 11
Original post by pu2020
Hi, I've emailed the Bank of England @ Penna and they told me we should expect news around mid-December

Fab thank you! Good luck!
Reply 12
Original post by ba0398
Anyone heard anything from the VI yet?

Asked recruitment and they said we will know by end of day tomorrow (17th)
Reply 13
Still nothing, right?
Reply 14
Original post by pu2020
Still nothing, right?

Still nothing and it was meant to be today :frown:
Reply 15
Honestly doesn't seem like it will be...
I applied for the Operations Scheme. Still waiting to hear back from the video interview.
Reply 17
They're out now
Reply 18
Original post by pu2020
They're out now

Did you get the AC invitation? I haven’t got any reply yet.
Reply 19
I got an invite a few hours ago. Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending