The Student Room Group

Food cravings/binging around ovulation time (two weeks before period)

Does anybody else notice immense food cravings, uncontrollable hunger for sweet foods and bingeing around 2/3 weeks before I period. I always thought it would coincide with my period, but I have been tracking its quite consistent around the ovulation time. Do you other girls get these binge cravings once a month, and if so when you find you get them?

It sucks when you're on 'a cut' as well as I am right now because it undoes my cut progress. I guess I should factor that into my cut anyway to be honest actually as its pretty much unavoidable every month. At least I've got over the shame associated with bingeing around that time as before I just felt I have no self control, now I see it happened to be around the ovulation time, it must be related!
Does anyone have any other good tips for dealing with it also?
Original post by luc9999
Does anybody else notice immense food cravings, uncontrollable hunger for sweet foods and bingeing around 2/3 weeks before I period. I always thought it would coincide with my period, but I have been tracking its quite consistent around the ovulation time. Do you other girls get these binge cravings once a month, and if so when you find you get them?

It sucks when you're on 'a cut' as well as I am right now because it undoes my cut progress. I guess I should factor that into my cut anyway to be honest actually as its pretty much unavoidable every month. At least I've got over the shame associated with bingeing around that time as before I just felt I have no self control, now I see it happened to be around the ovulation time, it must be related!
Does anyone have any other good tips for dealing with it also?

I don't binge, but I do get break-outs around ovulation which is usually associated with PMS! I tend to get a lot of cravings just before my period, I usually just try to find healthier alternatives for what I'm craving or try to get to the root of what my body is actually asking for. Making sure your iron intake is high enough really helps with chocolate cravings, for example :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by umbrellala
I don't binge, but I do get break-outs around ovulation which is usually associated with PMS! I tend to get a lot of cravings just before my period, I usually just try to find healthier alternatives for what I'm craving or try to get to the root of what my body is actually asking for. Making sure your iron intake is high enough really helps with chocolate cravings, for example :smile:

Thanks for the last tip, I take supplements everyday generally !

Quick Reply

Latest