The Student Room Group

Bloods

Sent for blood tests (I even delivered the samples to microbiology myself) for HepB, chickenpox and german measel immunity, on the 7th.

Apparently It should have taken a week, I phoned the doctor's surgery on the 24th.... they still hadn't got it, so I phoned the microbiology dept. who checked with the lab, and apparently it had been sent for further testing, phone back in a week.

I thought nothing of this, but my mum says there's something going on. Should I be worried?
Reply 1
Nah, some labs don't do all the tests themselves so send off some stuff to a regional lab. Don't stress just yet.
Reply 2
AIDS...

The Plague...

Homosexuality...

Who knows
Reply 3
i was told by my surgery that HepB stuff takes around 10 working days to come back so not to worry just yet!
Reply 4
malaz_197
i was told by my surgery that HepB stuff takes around 10 working days to come back so not to worry just yet!

...despite it being 14 working days since :P I'm not worried really, was just concerned about the further testing.

Cheers touch'e malaz and the giant douche (skipper).

Close.
Reply 5
Non-urgent bloods from GPs always take their sweet bloody time. They're just not given any priority by labs which are over-stretched as is, don't let it worry you.

Latest

Trending

Trending