The Student Room Group

Can I email a teacher who's left?

Can I email my art teacher from last year who has now left the school?
We have a new art teacher and I really hate art at the moment because of her. Could I email my previous art teacher or would that be weird and creepy? I just want to ask for advice.
Hey! I mean it really does depend on what you're emailing about but if you have a good relationship with the teacher then i dont see why not!
What are you emailing about? Sounds a bit needy to me.
Original post by uwillneverknowme
Can I email my art teacher from last year who has now left the school?
We have a new art teacher and I really hate art at the moment because of her. Could I email my previous art teacher or would that be weird and creepy? I just want to ask for advice.

How would you know what email to reach her on? Other teachers won't give out her personal details to you.
I don't think it is a good idea. The only exception I can think of which does not apply in your situation would be if they were to be ill or suffer a bereavement where you would express sympathy.
Original post by Kutie Karen
What are you emailing about? Sounds a bit needy to me.

I just want advice as I've just started my gcse in art this year and it's not been going great. The teacher I want to email was so lovely and she did like me as a student.
Original post by barnetlad
I don't think it is a good idea. The only exception I can think of which does not apply in your situation would be if they were to be ill or suffer a bereavement where you would express sympathy.

Ok thanks, I'm glad I asked before in case I ended up embarrassing myself or looking like a creep
Personally, I do keep in touch with a few old art teachers. I occasionally get feedback on artwork and I let them know how I'm getting on. They both encourage it. I think it's fine as long as you keep it relevant and don't get pushy if they don't respond.
Original post by DrawTheLine
How would you know what email to reach her on? Other teachers won't give out her personal details to you.

she gave us her email on her last day in case we ever wanted it.
Reply 9
If she gave you her email then it is likely that she won't mind you emailing her. I'm still in contact with a few of my old teachers from college and school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending