The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

ATAS Referees

Hi guys. I am filling out my application for the ATAS certificate for Chemical Engineering at Imperial. Under referees, it says all the referees I list have to have known me for at least 3 years. This is a problem for me because I joined a new school less than 2 years ago for A-Levels, and most of the teachers that taught me at my old school have left and I have no way of contacting them anymore. Should I just put the teachers from my new school anyway? Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by bwuhbbles
Hi guys. I am filling out my application for the ATAS certificate for Chemical Engineering at Imperial. Under referees, it says all the referees I list have to have known me for at least 3 years. This is a problem for me because I joined a new school less than 2 years ago for A-Levels, and most of the teachers that taught me at my old school have left and I have no way of contacting them anymore. Should I just put the teachers from my new school anyway? Does anyone have any advice?

I would do the new school, if the old school is required - explain the situation and just use a generic phone number or email address and it can be used in that case.

Some info I found online that could help:

You will need to provide details of two referees who have known you for a minimum of three years.

If you have studied at degree level, at least one of the referees should be from the university where you studied. If you have not previously studied at degree level, you should provide at least one referee from the institution where you completed your most recent studies.

If you have work experience, a referee from your employment would also be acceptable.

A referee from your home country is preferable but is not essential if you have studied and/or worked in another country.

Family members are not acceptable as referees.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by bwuhbbles

hello, I'm currently in the same situation and I was wondering what you ended up doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending