The Student Room Group

Driving lessons

I think my driving instructor is making me do 100hrs, I've done nearly 74hrs now I passed my theory first time, he keeps saying things like your not turning the wheel enough or other excuses I've perpously gone out my way and prepared for the roundabouts earlier than your meant to and he still says things like your leaving it all too late and changing gears on the roundabout when I know I'm not, I feel confident but im starting to think I should give up and not bother anymore I cant keep forking out £50 a lesson 2hrs long twice a week
"I cant keep forking out £50 a lesson 2hrs long twice a week "

Fair enough just tell him. It's your money after all.

Be sure your prepared though.

Good Luck with your test.
50 hours should be more than enough unless you have a fear of driving. You should take the test if you know how to drive decently.
Making you do 100 hours? :confused:
Reply 4
Surely he’s not the only driving instructor in your area? Have a couple of lessons with someone else, it will be helpful to get a new perspective to see if you are really making the mistakes your instructor says you are making.

Otherwise it sounds like your instructor is making you overthink your driving too much. You do not need to be a perfect driver to pass your test or be able to get from A to B, you just need to be safe, have good judgement and be aware of what’s around you. The ‘mistakes’ you have pointed out seem like they would get you a minor fault on the test at most.

I would do some independent practice with your parents or someone else who has a license and a car if you can, and definitely try out a new instructor. You pretty much just need to get your test over and done with now. £50 per lesson and 100 hours is not feasible, and it makes sense that some instructors might want to keep you on for as long as possible so they don’t lose business.
(edited 4 years ago)
You are clearly not getting on with your instructor in either a driving or personal sense. The sensible thing to do is change instructors otherwise you will having nothing to compare the standard of training to and you need another opinion on your ability read - how to choose an instructor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending