The Student Room Group

driving lessons while in uni first year

i’ve recently passed my theory and i’ve already done 20 hrs of driving (i’m now 18). my parents r thinking of having an extra 10 hrs done before my test. soo it looks like i might have to have some lessons during uni when i start in september. my mum also wants me to have one during welcome week bc she thinks nothing rlly happens during then but i really wanna stay for that week bc i’m scared i might miss out on the experience or something.

my uni is only a 50m drive from my home so i’ll have to travel backwards and forwards everytime i have a lesson, most likely on the weekend or something. we can’t get a test booked until november time but we’ll probably try book one just before/after christmas break starts. is it easy to balance student life with driving lessons? and also the thought of passing the practical makes me so nervous, how hard is it to pass? do unis care if you leave campus during term time? sorry if a sound dumb haha it’s just been worrying me a lot
Reply 1
Original post by idcccccccdooooo
i’ve recently passed my theory and i’ve already done 20 hrs of driving (i’m now 18). my parents r thinking of having an extra 10 hrs done before my test. soo it looks like i might have to have some lessons during uni when i start in september. my mum also wants me to have one during welcome week bc she thinks nothing rlly happens during then but i really wanna stay for that week bc i’m scared i might miss out on the experience or something.

my uni is only a 50m drive from my home so i’ll have to travel backwards and forwards everytime i have a lesson, most likely on the weekend or something. we can’t get a test booked until november time but we’ll probably try book one just before/after christmas break starts. is it easy to balance student life with driving lessons? and also the thought of passing the practical makes me so nervous, how hard is it to pass? do unis care if you leave campus during term time? sorry if a sound dumb haha it’s just been worrying me a lot

30 hours before your test doesn't sound like a lot. Of course some people pick it up quicker, but the average person needs 40-45 hours.

Why don't you do the lessons in the same city as your uni rather than having to travel back to where your parents live?

I can't imagine it being hard to balance student life with driving lessons. I'm a degree apprentice so I've got a full time job on top of studying a degree with 120 credits per year (same as a full time student). I am able to take either one or two 2 hour lessons per week without sacrificing work, uni or my social life.

I doubt your uni will care if you're leaving campus. If you start missing classes for your driving lessons, they may or may not care, it really depends on the uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending