The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldo VII
:laugh:

Fed up with the ill-informed and non attending ********. He might love this club, but its embarassing at times..
Overmars

That whole forum is a joke. The original Talking Reds community broke away and set up independent forums, leaving the kids and the jokers to themselves.
Reply 1983
Ronaldo VII
That whole forum is a joke. The original Talking Reds community broke away and set up independent forums, leaving the kids and the jokers to themselves.

It actually looks worse than the .tv boards that, saying a hell of a lot there too.
Its pretty funny but im sure there are Liverpool forums like that, along with good old 606 :rofl:
izaldo
It actually looks worse than the .tv boards that, saying a hell of a lot there too.

It doesn't even work really. They "upgraded" but you get errors at every click basically. One of the main reasons people left.
Reply 1986
Ronaldo VII
It doesn't even work really. They "upgraded" but you get errors at every click basically. One of the main reasons people left.

Aye, seriously though 'Loserpool' who writes that? Apart from being factually wrong :yep: do they actually think that is witty or cutting?

Saying that I saw a Liverpool shirt yesterday saying UTD SCUM 9 on the back, any ideas what that means or how the 9 is relevant???:confused:
I know someone who bought a Liverpool shirt after yesterdays win with

Kiss
My
Ass

down the back :s: Probably not as bad as the United shirts with John Terry 08 on the back, some with (what look like) home made badges of wet floor symbols at the bottom.
Reply 1988
Ronaldo VII
I know someone who bought a Liverpool shirt after yesterdays win with

Kiss
My
Ass

down the back :s: Probably not as bad as the United shirts with John Terry 08 on the back, some with (what look like) home made badges of wet floor symbols at the bottom.

Every club in the prem should stock a have Titus Bramble shirt as he's more useful to the opposition:smile: , scored another own goal on Sat.
Reply 1989
Divvies.
DontBuyTheSun
The only thing this shows is that you have absolutely no idea about going the game.
Or rather, difference in opinion.

I hold the exact same opinion with many a regular matchgoers.
Reply 1991
So a few thousand fans staying behind a couple of home games to voice disapproval or marching before games along with obvious media coverage that the owners are hated doesn't work but a few empty seats (which will never happen anyway because of the demand for tickets) is going to get Tom and George to sell up overnight?
Reply 1992
How many though? I honestly don't believe there is a significant portion of matchgoers ready to piss £40 odd quid up the wall, especially when so many are waiting in the wings to take their spec. We are second in the league after all!
I don't expect them to sell up overnight (nice irrelevant exaggeration), neither do I expect many people do take part, after all, they're paying their money while I'm an OTT sitting all the way in far away land in London, not being able to do anything.

I'm talking more about a visual boycott rather than a financial one, because either way even if some fans don't buy tickets, other fans will always be in line for them so tickets will always be sold, but if tickets were bought and not used, that will make a bold statement. It's more hoping this will happen, rather than expecting. And I don't think several games is realistic, maybe 1 game done properly where demand isn't so big, like Stoke at home (too soon, but an example).

George Gillett requested to and met up with SOS before the game so at least there is progress and shows he has been paying attention.
Reply 1994
farhan
I don't expect them to sell up overnight (nice irrelevant exaggeration), neither do I expect many people do take part, after all, they're paying their money while I'm an OTT sitting all the way in far away land in London, not being able to do anything.

I'm talking more about a visual boycott rather than a financial one, because either way even if some fans don't buy tickets, other fans will always be in line for them so tickets will always be sold, but if tickets were bought and not used, that will make a bold statement. It's more hoping this will happen, rather than expecting. And I don't think several games is realistic, maybe 1 game done properly where demand isn't so big, like Stoke at home (too soon, but an example).

George Gillett requested to and met up with SOS before the game so at least there is progress and shows he has been paying attention.

Thing is lad, if we've any pretensions of a title challenge, games like Stoke at home are massive, a boycott of any 'minor' league game suggests complacency, doesn't it? A big game though and you'd have to be soft ollies to miss it. I see a catch 22 here. I'd only support a Boycott of a game if a majority vote from the Union was cast and the Union happened to have 10,000 members, otherwise it's just internet talk and no one person should call a boycott, only forward a motion for fans to vote on.
farhan
Or rather, difference in opinion.

I hold the exact same opinion with many a regular matchgoers.

Can't say i know a single match go-er who would back a match boycott. Its a complete non starter due to the fact that we have a never ending list of wools wanting tickets. They don't care about any boycott they just want to see 'stevie gee'.
the fact is, protesting in the ground got shouted down
a boycott wouldnt work for the main reason of the team shouldnt suffer and i think most would agree on it, i know i dont think at this stage a boycott would be appropriate

logistically it would be impossible as well i reckon, there's 3,000 maybe who would be at the match with tickets willing to do it, it would have no impact at all.
Reply 1997
The only way an impact (including a negative one on the team) would be made would be if the kop was empty for a few home games running. There are about 8-10k seasies on the kop probably and asking them all to give up 40 notes two or three times over is absolute non starter
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4149556,00.html

"DIC would like to wish LFC and its fans a successful future."

Does this mean DIC are no longer going to make a bid for us? :frown:
_safinho_
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4149556,00.html

"DIC would like to wish LFC and its fans a successful future."

Does this mean DIC are no longer going to make a bid for us? :frown:

"Following inaccurate speculation regarding DIC and Liverpool FC, DIC can confirm that it is not involved in any negotiations to buy LFC and can confirm that it is not planning a fresh bid for LFC or any other football club.

This does.

I'm surprised farhan didn't report it as soon as the story broke. Let's hope he hasn't taken the news too badly.

Latest