The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sarforaz
If you click the number of posts once in the football forum (its like the 3rd column?) and it shows how many posts each person made in that thread...

And Keane was a more important signing than Barry since we're lighter on strikers than we are central midfield players.

cheers. but there is a way to check what threads you post in the most as well isnt there?

i know its a silly comparison but i remember for spurs, lennon and keane used to link up well when building moves up. obviously benayoun or gerrard on the right are more capable then lennon, so keane will enjoy it. keane can do everything, and now he is extra quality to work with. certainly wont look out of place at all.
think he might come off the bench tommorow :cool: and score
Reply 21
sarforaz
User Name Posts
sarforaz 1,164
farhan 908
Laevis 885
izaldo 680
_MaLc_ 578
Ronaldo VII 412
kpg 355
DontBuyTheSun 333
El Stevo 314
Rafa 265
Nissay 265
Saff 207

(was going to do a top5 but then Ronaldo wouldnt be included, then was going to do a top10 but then Nissay and Saff would be missing)
So there is our top12 posters! :p:

I was banned for 4 months :s-smilie:
Reply 22

add this to the first post you made to create the thread rafa.
you probably wont:yep:
To the tune of "Let It Be"
When we found ourselves with striker worries, good old Rafa said to me, - there will be an answer, Robbie Keane...
Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane, yeah Robbie Keane, our new number 7, Robbie Keane!
Reply 24

carragher :laughing:
:rofl:

Someone has to make one for United :biggrin:
Reply 26
Lol, i was wondering which film it was from the other day.
Then im watching Zoolander and thinking "Hmm this looks familar..."
:woo:
Reply 27
More serious discussion.

Which idiot chose gray as our away kit colour? :sad:
Reply 28
Ronaldo VII
:rofl:

Someone has to make one for United :biggrin:

There is one. I had them all archived before (for Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa & Spurs) but lost them all seeing as I rebooted yesterday :frown:
Reply 29
MilesTails
More serious discussion.

Yeah, I really don't like it either, and I'm definitely not buying it. I'm tempted to get a Robbie Keane home shirt now!
Reply 30
MilesTails
More serious discussion.

We've had it a few times before under adidas. In fact the first season we wore it we did pretty well history shows. It's a great throwback to 87-88 and accurate right down to the goalie kit. Better that than the turquoise green European shirt. We've not had a decent green away shirt since 93/94.
Reply 31
Liverpool Are Crap! Alll About United!
abhi104
Liverpool Are Crap! Alll About United!

Cue an argument I've had umpteen times with my less fortunate United supporting mates :biggrin: :p:
Reply 33
It's interesting you mention United as I saw something on the MEN website this evening:

RYAN Giggs has given football's money-mad mercenaries a kicking.

The Old Trafford legend has slammed disloyal players who move clubs to rack up signing-on fees and `bling' obsessed superstars who sell their souls to gossip magazines.

Some may disagree with me here but didn't Gareth Barry sell his soul to a Sunday paper. The same paper that is the Sabbath equivalent of the paper that Liverpool fans hold in high disregard? I don't think we should have anything to do with the man after doing that. Yes he still is a Villa player but giving an exclusive to the Sunday scum about how he wants to join Liverpool? If he's signed I'll back him like every other player in the red shirt but he won't have his name chanted by me. Gerrard had his autobiography serialised in the same paper as well and my stance on him, regardless of publisher commitments, is the same as it is to Barry.
Talking of Giggs

He's that ****ing good he has Ryan Giggs carrying his bags for him
Haha thats great :biggrin:

Leavis, I have 4 of those zoolander gifs but the one I'm missing is United :bawling:
Reply 36
farhan
Talking of Giggs

He's that ****ing good he has Ryan Giggs carrying his bags for him

:rofl: the resemblance is uncanny.
Reply 37
Personally, I don't want Gerrard moving out to the right wing again, and that's what will probably happen now that Keane is here (unless Rafa is up to his ol' rotation which is so annoying; but I doubt it - not even Real Madrid would pay £18M< for a squad players).

Though, Gerrard playing on the right will sort out the problem that is the right wing, I mean, Pennant is useless... he needs to prove himself this season or I think he's a goner. Benayoun is a decent player, but he isn't consistent; he does pull off the occasional bit of magic like against Chelsea in the CL SF.
I really can't see Keane playing where Gerrard is at the moment - in central midfield just behind Torres, when everyone else thinks so, why?

We'll see.
Reply 39
farhan
I really can't see Keane playing where Gerrard is at the moment - in central midfield just behind Torres, when everyone else thinks so, why?

We'll see.

What do you think we'll play?

EDIT: We've apparently signed Emmanuel Mendy on a free transfer. 18 year old Right Back who can also play at LB. No confirmation yet, I don't think, though.

Latest