The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Not as of yet.
Apparently Rafa is well aware, and fuming.
did anyone catch what allardyce said about benitez in the news today? seriously what an idiot allardyce really is, all he ever does is complain about benitez..soo glad we thrased his scummy team (i have nothing against blackburn, i just can't stand big sam) He's never won anything and his failure at newcastle proves he'll always be a second rate manager
Reply 7983
Fergie is on it aswell saying he had shown contempt for fellow managers when we scored our 2nd goal.
He did'nt even do anything that bad, the only thing i can think was that he moved his hands apart when someone suggests it's over/that's. Which could have meant the game or for Torres to go off.
There both as bad as each other. It's a pathetic thing to get so worked up over.

I think everyone knows Rafa wouldn't take a game to be done and dusted.
Reply 7985
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/17/sir-alex-ferguson-rafael-benitez

The Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, has accused Liverpool's Rafael Benítez of "arrogance" and showing "contempt" in his dealings with fellow Premier League managers.

Benítez has been in combative mood recently, on several occasions criticising Ferguson directly. Now, ahead of United's FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley on Sunday, Ferguson has hit back with a withering assessment of Benitez's conduct.

First he lambasted the Spaniard for his description of Everton as a "small club", before rounding on him for the attitude he showed in dismissing Blackburn last weekend once Liverpool had scored their second goal at Anfield.

"Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said," said Ferguson. "But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed [the Blackburn manager] Sam Allardyce last weekend.

"When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was finished. I do not think Sam deserved that. Sam has worked so hard for the LMA [League Managers' Association] and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt.

"In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."

I love this.
Fergie should check his facts like Rafa.

Rafa called them a smaller club, which they are.
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has expressed his determination to hang on to midfielder Xabi Alonso.

The Spaniard was linked with a move away from Anfield last summer, when a number of clubs were understood to be interested in securing his services.

Benitez insisted it would take a 'massive' offer for him to part with Alonso and he was not tempted by a proposal from Juventus.

The 27-year-old has gone on to enjoy an excellent season, helping the Reds challenge for the Premier League title.

Speculation has surfaced that Real Madrid and Barcelona could target Alonso when the transfer window reopens.

However, Benitez has warned any potential suitors that he will fight to keep hold of Alonso.

"We had an offer from Juventus and asked a big price as he is a big player. They couldn't meet it," Benitez said.

"In the end, Xabi has been having a very good season. He has been playing well in a lot of games and is a key player for us.

"We have a lot of confidence in him and he is a player we want to keep because he has the quality, and the game, that we need."

Does this mean no Barry? Question marks over Babel's future since his ego is getting ahead of him.
Glad to see that Rafa wants to keep him now, Alonso has shown brilliant form and his passing skills add so much to the team!

:rofl: @ SAF
Barry might still come in, especially if Babel and Dossena are on their way.
DontBuyTheSun
Barry might still come in, especially if Babel and Dossena are on their way.

I still like Riera on the left, Gerrard advanced and Alonso + Masch in the middle...
Would Barry come to play 2nd fiddle? Would be brilliant to be on the bench to replace Alonso/Riera depending on the game and tactics though.
Anything under £10mil and id be tempted I guess.
Reply 7990
hmm SAF vs. Rafa again..if they end up winning everything then the media will start shouting their mouths off about how Rafa tried to 'outwit' him etc etc but couldn't 'cuz SAF is the greatest blah blah..

let's just hope we can beat the Gunners.
Reply 7991
I'd like to see Alonso next season still with us. I think it's been his best season with us plus for our style of play we need his passing ability to supply our forwards.
Barry is good but we need the distribution that we seem to miss when Alonso is out
Reply 7992
I am surprised that he is concerning himself with our club when he has a very important cup tie to prepare for.
izaldo
I am surprised that he is concerning himself with our club when he has a very important cup tie to prepare for.

Ugh if only he gets egg on his face...
Reply 7994
That has totally brighted up my day. So, Rafa is shouting something to his players who are not listening, Alonso takes the free kick anyway, we score, Rafa in the middle of being pissed off realises this and says "**** it". Fat Sam and for some god beknown reason Alex Ferguson (eh?!) takes this to mean that Rafa is telling his players the game is over (eh?!) and starts complaining about it. Jesus wept that is unbelievable. Laughable that Ferguson has anything to say about it and even more laughable that Fat Sam makes a big deal of it.
BJP
hmm SAF vs. Rafa again..if they end up winning everything then the media will start shouting their mouths off about how Rafa tried to 'outwit' him etc etc but couldn't 'cuz SAF is the greatest blah blah..

let's just hope we can beat the Gunners.

Arsenal's back 5 seem decimated at the moment, wonder if they will still be out for Tuesday's game? Hopefully a hard game against Chelsea to tire them out a bit more too...
We might play them at just the right time if we're lucky (with their injuries)
kpg
That has totally brighted up my day. So, Rafa is shouting something to his players who are not listening, Alonso takes the free kick anyway, we score, Rafa in the middle of being pissed off realises this and says "**** it". Fat Sam and for some god beknown reason Alex Ferguson (eh?!) takes this to mean that Rafa is telling his players the game is over (eh?!) and starts complaining about it. Jesus wept that is unbelievable. Laughable that Ferguson has anything to say about it and even more laughable that Fat Sam makes a big deal of it.

I really doubt Rafa did anything of the sort (signal that its over) but in all fairness, it really was over at 2-0 :p:
sarforaz
Arsenal's back 5 seem decimated at the moment, wonder if they will still be out for Tuesday's game? Hopefully a hard game against Chelsea to tire them out a bit more too...
We might play them at just the right time if we're lucky (with their injuries)

Hopefully a win against Chelsea and they might shift their attention away from the league and rest a few players. They have 4th pretty secure now.
kpg

Fergie is cracking up :teeth:
Reply 7999
kpg

If only Allardyce had used this 'slur' to motivate his team, rather them continuing to put in such an inept display then they may have got something from the game. Poor man-management, even poorer understanding of body language!

Latest